IWOM HUNTING SYSTEM

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

IWOM HUNTING SYSTEM

Post by amythntr »

.....Has anyone used or uses the IWOM hunting system when the weather gets frigid?

.....What was or is your take on it?

Anthony :D

https://iwomouterwear.com/products/iwom-xt-hunting-system
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Born2hunt

Re: IWOM HUNTING SYSTEM

Post by Born2hunt »

I haven’t used it. But am curious as well. I was literally just reading about it and the heater body suits yesterday.
Matrix 350’s
Matrix 380
TT triggers
BE executioners & zombies
Spynal tapps
Vixenmaster strings.
Muzzy trocar, Muzzy 125g 4 blade
Wasp havalon HV
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Born2hunt wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:28 am
I haven’t used it. But am curious as well. I was literally just reading about it and the heater body suits yesterday.
....I bought it last year for Maine but really didn't need it. It is very well made, not heavy and comes with a waist carry strap built into the IWOM.

Check out the Company YouTube video.

....also, if I remember from the video or web page you don't have to overly dress because it is that warm.

.....I asked the question because I was thinking of trying it out tomorrow since it is supposed to start the day at around 30 degrees and the chill does get to you as the sunrises.

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I have a full body suit by artic shield and it is very warm BUT you have to get used to it getting in and out of it ain't easy . if I where you I would practice at home before you get in the field . JMHO. P/S I like using a sleeping bag with saspenders . sewed to them, that works good and is warm.
W.M.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

W.Miguire wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:35 am
I have a full body suit by artic shield and it is very warm BUT you have to get used to it getting in and out of it ain't easy . if I where you I would practice at home before you get in the field . JMHO. P/S I like using a sleeping bag with saspenders . sewed to them, that works good and is warm.
W.M.
....thanks Bill....good advice....BTW who was looking for Ignitor parts....I might be able to help.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

The trading post has his add . I sent him what I had 6 or 7 complete nocks. don't know if he needs any more. I just sent them at no charge , I don't use them , I liken lumenocks. the sleeping bag does it for me . lot easyer to get in and out of.
W.M.
Dan/kingfish

Post by Dan/kingfish »

I had been researching the IWOM vs other gear and after a few years of consideration I picked one up about a month ago and used it last week for a few days. For me and the way I hunt it’s a nice set up and it’s easy to see it was made by a hunter for hunters, my only regret is not getting one years ago.
Dan
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have no problems keeping my torso warm it's my whimpy hands n feet. 2 a them heated insoles in my lacrosse 1200s and 4 of the adhesive ones on front n back and now my hands are in a muff warmer with 2 adhesive warmers. ...I'm a whimp
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I've been thinking about either the IWOM or the Heater Body Suit. Anybody have any feedback on a comparison between the two?
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Reinyrooster wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:07 pm
I've been thinking about either the IWOM or the Heater Body Suit. Anybody have any feedback on a comparison between the two?
....absolutely....IWOM says their's is better! :lol: :lol: :lol:

....I suggest that you go to YouTube University and and see what you can find on both....and make your decision based upon that.
Anthony :thumbup:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Owl Creek

Post by Owl Creek »

YouTube University.
:clap:
Good one!!
BullDog 330
Deadzone.
TriggerTech.
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

BullDog 360
Nikon Bolt aka P3
Zombie Slayers

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Dan/kingfish

Post by Dan/kingfish »

Amythntr is bang on with the YouTube search, lots of information on each. Field and Stream has an article as well that gets into some details that may be beneficial. For me the IWOM being waterproof was huge and having my arms free and not having to unzip and wait for the shot was a better choice. Being able to wear it with the bottom section pulled up is nice for when you are coming out of the stand and likely at your coldest just to stay warmer or wearing it when repositioning to different locations. One thing for crossbow people to remember is that if you have the bottom section zippered you’ll have to get your foot out for recocking if a second shot is needed, not a big deal but just something that came to mind last week. Not sure if HBS foot would fit in the stirrup, crank would alleviate concern in either situation. Hope this helps.
Dan
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Owl Creek wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:55 pm
YouTube University.
:clap:
Good one!!
....I learned everything I know that has allowed me to “hand load” pistol loads with complete confidence....from equipment, to procedures, to what to be concerned about, to recipes, to different techniques, etc.

...wish this University was around when I was in high school and college!

....I think I graduated “Summa spam Laude”! :lol: :lol:

Anthony :thumbup:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Been thinking about these also. I got my bibs & parka all ready since we have cold weather already, and my extreme cold weather base layer clothes, and I’m gonna be fine I think. I bought another set of insulated pants and coat from Gamehide on sale, the set was $240. and the base layer from Cabelas was $110.
Maybe after the season ends I’ll shop again for one of these. :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
BryanOney

Post by BryanOney »

Since I have started taking lisinopril for my high blood pressure I freeze especially my hands and feet. A few years ago I bought the IWOM system. For me it has been a game changer. I wear one layer less than I normally would for the weather conditions and wear in my IWOM system like a fanny pack or attach it to my climber as I walk to where I want to hunt. Once I get to the place I want to hunt I put on the IWOM system like a coat and climb the tree I want to hunt out of with my climber. Once I am settled in my climber I drop the IWOM system down like a sleeping bag bottom and zip it closed. This takes some practice to get used to doing in a climber. I wear a battery powered jacket and I still put toe warmers in my boots. In my old hunting gear with a temp of 15 F and a wind chill of 0 I might make it 2 hours before I got too cold to hunt. With the IWOM system with the way I do things as listed above I have gone 6 hours on stand in the above cold conditions and not been that cold when I got down. I got down to go eat some lunch. I have only used the IWOM system in gun season. It is usually not that cold in bow season. It looks like I will hunt out of the IWOM system with my crossbow in the next few days. I did hunt one day in my IWOM system in freezing and a wind chill of 10 F. The IWOM system kept me dry.