Trigger Pull

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Trigger Pull

Post by Farmer »

I picked up a 2003 model Exo Mag for a good price and sold my old model Exocet ( 165 # withe Auto Safety on the side of the rail ) I have been shooting it a fair amount and the accuraccy is as good as my old exocet. The trigger on the E-mag is quite a bit heavier and has more creep. I have not looked at the trigger assembly yet, but is it possible for me to lighten it up and reduce the creep?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Farmer I have not had that problem, however some have and state that it go's away with use... You could e-mail Excalibur and ask about it.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
A.W

Post by A.W »

Try a little WD 40. Don't know if it will work but it's the fastest and easiest thing to try first.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
cdngunner....

Post by cdngunner.... »

Not that I am aware of.

I am in the midst of trying a new lubricant on my rifles that should reduce the pull weight. So far I have tried it on my safeties and the are way more quiet then usual and easier to tput on/off safe. A few guys I know have tried it on their rifle trigger with success.

The name escapes me right now but I think it is called "hotsauce" and is actually a fishing reel oit that bonds to metal surfaces and reduces friction thereby reducing the amount of pull required.
PaJack

Post by PaJack »

I had the same problem with my Exocet,the creep was bad! It went away after shooting it for a while... :D
Hunt Safe,
Jack