Total votes: 37

AJ01

Re: Bow Accident, What Next?

Post by AJ01 »

bobcattrapper wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:54 pm
Olympus wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:29 pm
Ok, even with the local archery shop offering $650 on the dealer version of the Axe, when you consider sales tax that puts me just a hair over $700. I can order the same thing from Wyvern for $700 and get free shipping, 6 Dragon Claw arrows (instead of the 3 that come from the factory), and a package of broadheads. That seems to really be the better deal because I'd be buying broadheads anyway and I'd also want more than 3 arrows.

However, it looks like the shortest length that Wyvern has the Dragon Claw arrows is 20" and the factory arrows are 16.5". Does anyone know if the arrows that they include with the Axe package or 16.5 or 20"?
The dragon claw come in 16.5 “ also. I think that’s what you will get if you order the kit. Just email David.
David @ Wyvern will fix you up with 16.5 Dragon Claws with 110g brass inserts and Lumenoks that are just made to shoot 100g pointy things!! :thumbup:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:52 pm
Olympus wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm
I noticed that the Quill arrows on the Axe had Black Eagle on their decal. The Quills that came with my 355 were made by Easton. Are the Black Eagle Quills the norm now? I’d feel a lot more excited about the bow if I knew I could buy factory Excal arrows that were made by Black Eagle instead of Easton.
Yes, the new quills, and proflight version are made for Excal by black eagle. They are executioner shafts.
They have aluminum components keeping the weight down at 250 without a pointy bit.
Have you tried the proflights or do you build your own? I saw them advertised but didn't know anything about them until your post :thumbup: !

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

AJ01 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:09 pm
janesy wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:52 pm
Olympus wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm
I noticed that the Quill arrows on the Axe had Black Eagle on their decal. The Quills that came with my 355 were made by Easton. Are the Black Eagle Quills the norm now? I’d feel a lot more excited about the bow if I knew I could buy factory Excal arrows that were made by Black Eagle instead of Easton.
Yes, the new quills, and proflight version are made for Excal by black eagle. They are executioner shafts.
They have aluminum components keeping the weight down at 250 without a pointy bit.
Have you tried the proflights or do you build your own? I saw them advertised but didn't know anything about them until your post :thumbup: !

AJ

I build my own. I have 4 proflight quills and 4 BE quills currently, but I haven't shot them. I have shot executioners but 99% of my arrows have been zombies.
Truth be told, at 15y in my basement, they all hit the same spot regardless of the brand.

To say the new BE quills are good value would be up to you to decide. I can say they are SO much nicer that the Easton equivalent, as far as consistency and build quality. But you could probably get customs or not branded BE for the same or better price.
The fact that an arrow coming with the bows now are held to a higher standard says volumes, they are nice arrows and would be a step up for most shooters
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme