Fix what you have.
30%
Buy a new bow package.
70%

Total votes: 37

xcaliber

Re: Bow Accident, What Next?

Post by xcaliber »

That’s a good deal for the Axe Dealers package!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

I noticed that the Quill arrows on the Axe had Black Eagle on their decal. The Quills that came with my 355 were made by Easton. Are the Black Eagle Quills the norm now? I’d feel a lot more excited about the bow if I knew I could buy factory Excal arrows that were made by Black Eagle instead of Easton.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

racking up points wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:57 am
Wait...I saw videos of a Micro being dragged behind an ATV and holding zero. So you are telling me running it over with an ATV caused that much damage? :eusa-naughty: Did you run it over, and back over it multiple times? :lol:

I had the same thought. I don't have any idea of what sort of ATV is involved, or how it was involved. However, what I picture as an ATV has four flotation tires that have a pretty gentle footprint. I won't offer to stand still and let you do it to me, but I suspect that you could drive over my foot with an ATV tire and it wouldn't break the skin or even bruise it.

Maybe it got tangled in the undercarriage and was dragged?

Boy, I'm glad I'm not an insurance adjuster....

Tough deal anyway.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Olympus wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm
I noticed that the Quill arrows on the Axe had Black Eagle on their decal. The Quills that came with my 355 were made by Easton. Are the Black Eagle Quills the norm now? I’d feel a lot more excited about the bow if I knew I could buy factory Excal arrows that were made by Black Eagle instead of Easton.
I believe that Excalibur switched in the last year or so to black eagle shafts as they seemed to have better tolerances. But I would check each package deal to see what is included as old stock might have easton shafts.
Hi5 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:59 pm
racking up points wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:57 am
Wait...I saw videos of a Micro being dragged behind an ATV and holding zero. So you are telling me running it over with an ATV caused that much damage? :eusa-naughty: Did you run it over, and back over it multiple times? :lol:

I had the same thought. I don't have any idea of what sort of ATV is involved, or how it was involved. However, what I picture as an ATV has four flotation tires that have a pretty gentle footprint. I won't offer to stand still and let you do it to me, but I suspect that you could drive over my foot with an ATV tire and it wouldn't break the skin or even bruise it.

Maybe it got tangled in the undercarriage and was dragged?

Boy, I'm glad I'm not an insurance adjuster....

Tough deal anyway.
A few years ago, the late Awshucks, did his own durability test by rolling his ATV with an "Limited left handed Relayer" on the back. I believe that there was just a broken wooden stock. If I am wrong, someone will correct me. Also, at one of the earlier BooFest, one forum member (who I will not disclose) deceided to preform his own durability test on his wife's vixen crossbow by backing, not only over the bow, but stopped right on top of the bow. 30 minutes later that bow was shooting after a quick inspection and the removal of the Munch Mount that was dammaged.

Excalibur crossbows are tough and do survive "situations" that would "destroy" most other crossbows. But even in saying that, there can be too much done that even they can't handle. Also, you can repair most dammage, if any dammage occurs yourself.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Olympus:

....because we are such a caring, dedicated group of Excalibur owners....there is always at least one who will step up to the plate and help....I am that person today! :thumbup: :eusa-clap:

....If you would just PM me your address and CC number and all the other information needed I will gladly purchase the replacement bow for you and promptly have it shipped to your home... :shock: :( :wink:

....Please, you don't have to thank me....anyone on this forum would have stepped up had I not done so! :mrgreen:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Normous wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:42 am
Here is a photo of a Scorpyd crossbow that had and ATV accident not long ago. It fell off the ATV while the hunter was crossing a highway and it fell of the rack and was run over buy a Semi truck on the roadway.

Yep, that’s broken! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:44 pm
Olympus:

....because we are such a caring, dedicated group of Excalibur owners....there is always at least one who will step up to the plate and help....I am that person today! :thumbup: :eusa-clap:

....If you would just PM me your address and CC number and all the other information needed I will gladly purchase the replacement bow for you and promptly have it shipped to your home... :shock: :( :wink:

....Please, you don't have to thank me....anyone on this forum would have stepped up had I not done so! :mrgreen:

Anthony :mrgreen:
I appreciate your offer, but I don’t think that will be necessary. My local archery shop seems to have the cheapest price I’ve found for a replacement so I’ll probably end up going that route.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

never had a issue with quills.i have nicer arrows too but i think there fine for hunting. they have the 3 white vanes so you just rotate and mark an x with a sharpie on the odd vane when you get them to group close. the biggest thing i see is shooting the actual arrow your using with your broadhead of choice.
dithian

Post by dithian »

Normous wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:42 am
Here is a photo of a Scorpyd crossbow that had and ATV accident not long ago. It fell off the ATV while the hunter was crossing a highway and it fell of the rack and was run over buy a Semi truck on the roadway.

I can handle any number of photos of slaughtered animals, or even the nasty one of the guy's thumb taken off by his string, but this here is carnage I can't deal with. I'm going to have nightmares for weeks.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Olympus wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm
Yes, the new quills, and proflight version are made for Excal by black eagle. They are executioner shafts.
They have aluminum components keeping the weight down at 250 without a pointy bit.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

There's a Matrix 310 for sale over at CT classifieds for $375. Jump on it!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

Riflemanz wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:40 am
There's a Matrix 310 for sale over at CT classifieds for $375. Jump on it!
I think I want to stick with the Micro platform. But thanks for the heads up.
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

Ok, even with the local archery shop offering $650 on the dealer version of the Axe, when you consider sales tax that puts me just a hair over $700. I can order the same thing from Wyvern for $700 and get free shipping, 6 Dragon Claw arrows (instead of the 3 that come from the factory), and a package of broadheads. That seems to really be the better deal because I'd be buying broadheads anyway and I'd also want more than 3 arrows.

However, it looks like the shortest length that Wyvern has the Dragon Claw arrows is 20" and the factory arrows are 16.5". Does anyone know if the arrows that they include with the Axe package or 16.5 or 20"?
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Olympus wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:29 pm
Ok, even with the local archery shop offering $650 on the dealer version of the Axe, when you consider sales tax that puts me just a hair over $700. I can order the same thing from Wyvern for $700 and get free shipping, 6 Dragon Claw arrows (instead of the 3 that come from the factory), and a package of broadheads. That seems to really be the better deal because I'd be buying broadheads anyway and I'd also want more than 3 arrows.

However, it looks like the shortest length that Wyvern has the Dragon Claw arrows is 20" and the factory arrows are 16.5". Does anyone know if the arrows that they include with the Axe package or 16.5 or 20"?
The dragon claw come in 16.5 “ also. I think that’s what you will get if you order the kit. Just email David.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

*Paul are you taqlking about the sound of the guy crying or the crunchy crashy sound the scorpyd made while getting crushed by 100,000 pounds of rubber and iron ? :shifty: 8) :wtf: :D