Total votes: 37

janesy

Re: Bow Accident, What Next?

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:44 pm
janesy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:43 pm
Buy an AXE and make an awesome custom during the off season.
We all know that's what you would do! :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

Hey, Chris might buy the rail! :eusa-popcorn:
It's not pre-bulldogged from factory. And that's a royal pain :wink: so I hear.

What I would do... Is buy a serenity 308. Then I would pop a full size stock on there, black maybe?? Then have a matching 355 black rail for hunting and a 308 for the rest of the year .
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

Thanks everyone. I’ve priced out the Tact Zone scope, new rings, and new string to be $250 and that’s not counting the limb repair. I’ve been out of the crossbow shopping market for several years so I’ll have to get reacquainted with the new models. I’m not a hardcore bow hunter, I just like reliable, repeatable, and not super expensive.

I’ll look into this Axe model that has been mentioned. Any other models I should look at?
janesy

Post by janesy »

Olympus wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm
Thanks everyone. I’ve priced out the Tact Zone scope, new rings, and new string to be $250 and that’s not counting the limb repair. I’ve been out of the crossbow shopping market for several years so I’ll have to get reacquainted with the new models. I’m not a hardcore bow hunter, I just like reliable, repeatable, and not super expensive.

I’ll look into this Axe model that has been mentioned. Any other models I should look at?
You should be able to buy everything for 250 or less
Get a new take off taczone or Dead-Zone from the trading post for dirt cheap. Custom string $30, and limbs directly from Excal for $80 .

Or post a wanted add for the items on the trading post and pay less, there are lots of limbs floating around if you ask.

Assuming that the riser is good, the rail is straight and the stock is fine, this is an easy rebuild. Don't fret it
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

If your done hunting for the season I’d hold off and see what the new 2020 models are coming out (Excalibur sent out an email about new models coming out soon) if your buying now check out the BD330 Or the 360 TD. I’d personally part it out and buy a new bow.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I’ve Mount that sucker on the wall..... right next to the buck!😁
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I would wait until the season ends and go over to crossbow talk classifieds and buy a bow at 50% off.
Great deals there.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Wait...I saw videos of a Micro being dragged behind an ATV and holding zero. So you are telling me running it over with an ATV caused that much damage? :eusa-naughty: Did you run it over, and back over it multiple times? :lol:

All kidding aside, that sucks and you’re a braver man than me to admit to this in an open forum!
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Normous

Post by Normous »

Here is a photo of a Scorpyd crossbow that had and ATV accident not long ago. It fell off the ATV while the hunter was crossing a highway and it fell of the rack and was run over buy a Semi truck on the roadway.

EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Normous wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:42 am
Here is a photo of a Scorpyd crossbow that had and ATV accident not long ago. It fell off the ATV while the hunter was crossing a highway and it fell of the rack and was run over buy a Semi truck on the roadway.

I think that bow needs to be buried in the backyard...It's DONE!! OUCH!!! :wtf:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Even the Vortex scope tube was bent. Hope he had travel Ins.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

racking up points wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:57 am
Wait...I saw videos of a Micro being dragged behind an ATV and holding zero. So you are telling me running it over with an ATV caused that much damage? :eusa-naughty: Did you run it over, and back over it multiple times? :lol:

All kidding aside, that sucks and you’re a braver man than me to admit to this in an open forum!
Honestly, it didn’t look too bad until I got it back home. You could hold it up and look at it from a distance and wouldn’t know anything was wrong. But closer inspection found one of the limbs was slightly splintered. The scope tube and glass were perfectly fine, but the top adjustment turret was very bent and you couldn’t turn the adjustment knob. The string was slightly frayed and of course the quiver was destroyed, the quiver mount was destroyed, and my Spynal Tapp arrows were destroyed.

I think probably the best idea would be to wait until the 2020 models come out and see if I can get a better price on a 2019 model. I’m not into the latest and greatest or need the fastest. I just want another Excal and I want it to be reliable and repeatable.

I started out with a new Micro 335 when they came out. It would not group the Quill arrows very tightly for me. I thought for the price, it should have shot a lot better. I sold it to a friend and bought a new Horton Storm reverse limb bow and didn’t like the weight and it was super picky about how you cocked it. I couldn’t repeatably cock it the same consistently so there would be flyers in all my groups. I sold that one to another friend and bought this Micro 355. It shot the Quills pretty darn good, but I wanted to shoot a 100gr head while still having 150gr FOC so I ordered the Spynal Tapp arrows with inserts and those things were wickedly accurate in my 355. So really I just want a bow that shoots just like what I had.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Olympus wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:38 am
............... bought this Micro 355. It shot the Quills pretty darn good, but I wanted to shoot a 100gr head while still having 150gr FOC so I ordered the Spynal Tapp arrows with inserts and those things were wickedly accurate in my 355. So really I just want a bow that shoots just like what I had.
I have figured out (from watching and reading others) that the smaller arrows with the faster bows, arrows become more exacting in what is needed to be accurate. I feel that the stock arrows are good enough for average shooters or plinking, but if you are like most regulars on here, you want custom arrows so you can hit the same hole at 50 yards or close to that.

You say that you are not a newer is better or a speed freak. The 355 is an overall good size for a bow, but if you practice, it can become tiresome always cocking it. Most find that the slower models are more fun (less work) to play around with. Newer models will be coming out shortly, meaning some older models might become discounted.

If you did like the fit and feel of the micro models you had, I would stay with that model, purchase a lower speed bow for fun shooting or introducing others to crossbows, then you can switch rails to get a higher speed bow again.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

I just stopped by my local archery shop and he had the new Axe in stock, the dealer version in Kryptek for $699. I explained my situation and he said he’d take $650 cash. Is that What they are generally selling for or is that somewhat of a deal?
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Olympus wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:12 pm
I just stopped by my local archery shop and he had the new Axe in stock, the dealer version in Kryptek for $699. I explained my situation and he said he’d take $650 cash. Is that What they are generally selling for or is that somewhat of a deal?
Best deal I’ve seen on a kryptec
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Normous wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:42 am

I’m trying to imagine the SOUND that made when it happened.