Fix what you have.
30%
Buy a new bow package.
70%

Total votes: 37

Olympus

Bow Accident, What Next?

Post by Olympus »

Hey everyone, I had a slight accident with my Micro 355 a few nights ago on a hunt. I shot a small buck right before dark. After I gave him time, I started looking for the blood trail in the woods. Like I always do, I laid by bow down on the ground where I first found the blood trail so I would have a place to go back to if I lost the trail. Ended up I found the deer down a steep hill. I was hunting by myself and I tried dragging the deer up the hill, but it was full on dark and I was getting nowhere. Long story short, I went back to get the ATV to just drag the deer up the hill. When I did this, I accidentally ran over my bow! How it's possible to run over a bow on the ground in the middle of the woods is beyond me. There was no trail or anything, it was the middle of the dang woods!

Needless to say, the limbs were broken, the string broken, the scope was broken, the quiver was broken, the last 3 of my custom Spynal tap arrows were broken. Basically the only thing unharmed was the "barrel" and body of the bow. Now I know this was user neglect and is no fault of the bow or the company and I know that none of this stuff is covered by the warranty. So my question is. Do I spend the money on new limbs, new string, new scope, new scope mounts, new quiver, new quiver bracket, and all new arrows? Do do I just buy a whole new bow package? What I'm saying is am I going to spend $300-400 getting my bow back to working order when I could just spend a few more dollars and get a brand new bow package?

I've always been happy with my Micro 355, but the factory Quill arrows would never group were damn from the very beginning. That's why I ordered the Spynal Tapps and they have always shot good. What I'm saying is that if it makes financial sense to just fix my Micro 355, then I'm ok with that but I'm also not entirely married to it or have some kind of sentimental attachment to it. So what would everyone else do in my boat?
Bill_13

Re: Bow Accident, What Next?

Post by Bill_13 »

What a beautiful excuse to buy a new bow package !
Excalibur Micro 355
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I would call them and at least get an estimate of the repair. But I would send the bow in so they could go over it if it is going to be repaired. Hate to end up with damaged trigger or bent barrel or something. CHEERS!
Tom

Post by Tom »

wheelie wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:01 pm
I would call them and at least get an estimate of the repair. But I would send the bow in so they could go over it if it is going to be repaired. Hate to end up with damaged trigger or bent barrel or something. CHEERS!
If the repair quote is close to the price of a new bow, I would purchase the new bow, but not the same weight (lb) but the same model (micro, matrix ect). This would give you the option of exchanging stock/rail between bows for either a faster or slower bow.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Tom wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:13 pm
wheelie wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:01 pm
If the repair quote is close to the price of a new bow, I would purchase the new bow, but not the same weight (lb) but the same model (micro, matrix ect). This would give you the option of exchanging stock/rail between bows for either a faster or slower bow.

Tom
Great advise.
Congratulations on your harvest buy the way kind of I guess.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Ouch, you really squished it up good. Sorry about the mishap.

Easy one. I'd get a new bow. If the rail were unharmed, which I'd confirm, you might be able to sell it to recover some of the cost. There are always folks looking for parts for their next frankenbow creation.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Normous

Post by Normous »

DuckHunt wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:50 pm
Ouch, you really squished it up good. Sorry about the mishap.

Easy one. I'd get a new bow. If the rail were unharmed, which I'd confirm, you might be able to sell it to recover some of the cost. There are always folks looking for parts for their next frankenbow creation.
Sell the mainframe in our Trading Post section and buy a new Excalibur.
As suggested above.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

That's what I would do . get you a new AXE.
W.M.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

W.Miguire wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:37 pm
That's what I would do . get you a new AXE.
W.M.
X2!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Tell them you dropped it from a helicopter to test out their video! :lol: :lol:

Get the Axe, that's what I would do. Keep all the parts that are not damaged & sell them off.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
gunboy203

Post by gunboy203 »

I agree with some of the others and just buy a new bow.. Why spend the money and then find out that you missed something that got damaged and find you spent the money to repair... Good luck..
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Will your house insurance pay for a replacement? If you purchased the bow on a charge card, does the card have any insurance that would replace the bow?
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:46 pm
Will your house insurance pay for a replacement? If you purchased the bow on a charge card, does the card have any insurance that would replace the bow?
A good place to start for sure . :thumbup:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Buy an AXE and make an awesome custom during the off season.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:43 pm
Buy an AXE and make an awesome custom during the off season.
We all know that's what you would do! :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

Hey, Chris might buy the rail! :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!