Which heated vest??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 2587
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Which heated vest??

Post by janesy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:56 pm

Yesterday was -8C with a sharp wind and wind chill. Not really cold, but I figure for a first chilly sit I better step it up.
Busted out the full snow camo January Coyote gear multiple layers balaclava and Sorel Glaciers. I tell ya, it was nice, just straight up balmy. Had a super nap in the snow from 2:15-2:45 or so.
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

CFD940
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:15 am
Location: Clinton, Connecticut

Re: Which heated vest??

Post by CFD940 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:16 am

Owl Creek. I got an email from voltheat.com they are going to be offering an upgraded battery for the vest. Basically the vest will now have a remote control. Mine did not have that feature. Whenever I wanted to adjust the heat I had to unzip my outer layer coat reach into the pocket where the battery is located and press the heat adjustment button. The new battery is suppose to come out this week. I’ll be buying one as soon as it’s offered. The email did not give a price. Please understand I have no horse in this race. The vest is pricey but it does work very well for me. Good luck.

Timbrhuntr
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Which heated vest??

Post by Timbrhuntr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:46 am

janesy wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:56 pm
Yesterday was -8C with a sharp wind and wind chill. Not really cold, but I figure for a first chilly sit I better step it up.
Busted out the full snow camo January Coyote gear multiple layers balaclava and Sorel Glaciers. I tell ya, it was nice, just straight up balmy. Had a super nap in the snow from 2:15-2:45 or so.
Ya but -8 is only 17 in real degrees lol 0 in real degrees now thats cold :crazy: :wink:

I agree with the bibs I waited until off season at Cabelas and got some good gortex bibs and a good coat was hunting in December in Kansas a few years ago late bow and it was -1 F sat 4 hours no problem !

I hear if you wear that Sitka stuff you spend most of your time taking selfies to put on instashame :lol:

User avatar
janesy
Posts: 2587
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm
Location: Beavertown. Ont

Re: Which heated vest??

Post by janesy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 am

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:46 am
janesy wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:56 pm
Yesterday was -8C with a sharp wind and wind chill. Not really cold, but I figure for a first chilly sit I better step it up.
Busted out the full snow camo January Coyote gear multiple layers balaclava and Sorel Glaciers. I tell ya, it was nice, just straight up balmy. Had a super nap in the snow from 2:15-2:45 or so.
Ya but -8 is only 17 in real degrees lol 0 in real degrees now thats cold :crazy: :wink:

I agree with the bibs I waited until off season at Cabelas and got some good gortex bibs and a good coat was hunting in December in Kansas a few years ago late bow and it was -1 F sat 4 hours no problem !

I hear if you wear that Sitka stuff you spend most of your time taking selfies to put on instashame :lol:
Real degrees, as in the only place on the planet it applies? :lol:
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Micro Axe MOBU.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 12182
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Which heated vest??

Post by Boo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:53 am

There are times when I can be a cheapskate and when I was looking at heated vests last year, I couldn't bring myself to buy one. This year I broke down and bought an alcheapo vest. This one was under $50.00 with no power pack. I didn't want to have to buy an expensive battery and I have a few power packs. I used it yesterday afternoon and it works just fine!
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XZHSZ3D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I want an electric foot/insole heater.
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Truth is not what you want it to be, it is what it is and you must bend to its power or live a lie. Miyamoto Musashi
Boocustomstrings.com

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 6211
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: T.P.R.N.J.

Re: Which heated vest??

Post by amythntr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Boo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:53 am
There are times when I can be a cheapskate and when I was looking at heated vests last year, I couldn't bring myself to buy one. This year I broke down and bought an alcheapo vest. This one was under $50.00 with no power pack. I didn't want to have to buy an expensive battery and I have a few power packs. I used it yesterday afternoon and it works just fine!
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XZHSZ3D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I want an electric foot/insole heater.
.....and an electric "#[email protected]*)^" to snuggle snuggle with, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
NMare 335(On loan)
Scorpyd DS (hospitalized)
ZS,Ex
Spitfires
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

User avatar
amythntr
Posts: 6211
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: T.P.R.N.J.

Re: Which heated vest??

Post by amythntr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:25 pm

Boo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:53 am
There are times when I can be a cheapskate and when I was looking at heated vests last year, I couldn't bring myself to buy one. This year I broke down and bought an alcheapo vest. This one was under $50.00 with no power pack. I didn't want to have to buy an expensive battery and I have a few power packs. I used it yesterday afternoon and it works just fine!
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XZHSZ3D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I want an electric foot/insole heater.
.....and an electric "#[email protected]*)^" to snuggle snuggle with, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
When you are in a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A420TD (Assassinatore di Cervi)
A360 (l'Assassino)
NMare 335(On loan)
Scorpyd DS (hospitalized)
ZS,Ex
Spitfires
Boo,NChunterkw,Vixenm

User avatar
Boo
Posts: 12182
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Newtonville, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Which heated vest??

Post by Boo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:01 pm

amythntr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:25 pm
Boo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:53 am
There are times when I can be a cheapskate and when I was looking at heated vests last year, I couldn't bring myself to buy one. This year I broke down and bought an alcheapo vest. This one was under $50.00 with no power pack. I didn't want to have to buy an expensive battery and I have a few power packs. I used it yesterday afternoon and it works just fine!
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07XZHSZ3D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I want an electric foot/insole heater.
.....and an electric "#[email protected]*)^" to snuggle snuggle with, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
Anthony, you're losing it buddy! You posted twice but 6 minutes apart. I welcome you to the last half of your life :lol: :lol: :lol:
If there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where they went. Will Rogers
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Truth is not what you want it to be, it is what it is and you must bend to its power or live a lie. Miyamoto Musashi
Boocustomstrings.com

Owl Creek
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:25 pm
Location: S.E Missouri

Re: Which heated vest??

Post by Owl Creek » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:32 pm

CFD940 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:16 am
Owl Creek. I got an email from voltheat.com they are going to be offering an upgraded battery for the vest. Basically the vest will now have a remote control. Mine did not have that feature. Whenever I wanted to adjust the heat I had to unzip my outer layer coat reach into the pocket where the battery is located and press the heat adjustment button. The new battery is suppose to come out this week. I’ll be buying one as soon as it’s offered. The email did not give a price. Please understand I have no horse in this race. The vest is pricey but it does work very well for me. Good luck.
Thanks
Bulldog 330
Deadzone
TriggerTech
Dr. Sturrip
BEE's

Bull Dog 360
Nikon Prostaff P3
Bee's



1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Post Reply