New 2020 Bows!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Olympus

Re: New 2020 Bows!

Post by Olympus »

I have to agree that the take-down models do not interest me in the least.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Olympus wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:10 pm
I have to agree that the take-down models do not interest me in the least.
....IMHO....they appeal to a very small group of hunters...those that do a lot of traveling on hunting trips....to be fiddling around in the dark putting two pieces of a bow together if the temp is cold....nope....what might be cool is a bow that somehow allows the front part to spin on the rail but stay connected....

....as I have said before, i would rather they spend their Engineer's time in figuring out how to make the internal crank rope something which can be changed by the user and again make the user able to take care of any and all issues.

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

I don't need the take down. But if I had it is use it all the time.
I like the suppressor 400. Limb tips look beefy as heck, full camo and the Stryker stock, which I have on 3 if my BDs now.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Simplicity is gone. Looks like something from outer space.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

onebigskittle wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:20 pm
Simplicity is gone. Looks like something from outer space.
X2!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Those are some really fine and well made looking crossbows. The Axe appeals to me but the old Exomax seems pretty darn fast when I shoot it and the deer never know what hit them.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Dan/kingfish

Post by Dan/kingfish »

I don’t see anything that will pry my 380 away from me, picked up a spare set of limbs the other day just in case. Like others have said I have no need for takedown and see it as another option that could eventually cause issue.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I saw this bow coming for 2020 ATA when the AXE came out months ago and projected 370 ish fps with a realistic hunting arrow at 400 grain out of the NEW Suppressor 400.

The way I see it, the only way to chrono "up to 400fps" is use an unrealistic 350 arrow and remove the suppressor parts.

Otherwise, I like the overall presentation and offering, waiting to see the price point.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Very cool bows but I have one that already exceeds 400fps and is a breeze to rope cock.

I do like the TD concept for remote hunting! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I for one would like to see a bow with moderate speed (360) that is super light weight. Something less than 5 lbs naked and the mainframe a composite a like carbon graphite or polymer with a bonded metal deck. Yeah, I I know I bought a 440 but it's only for entertainment. This year I'll probably only hunt with the 360 TD.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Boo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 pm
I for one would like to see a bow with moderate speed (360) that is super light weight. Something less than 5 lbs naked and the mainframe a composite a like carbon graphite or polymer with a bonded metal deck. Yeah, I I know I bought a 440 but it's only for entertainment. This year I'll probably only hunt with the 360 TD.
That would interest me also but would be a bow that I most likely would not buy as they most likely would price it so high that I would not buy it .
I my self feel that prices are out of control the Axe is decent buy and i may pick one up some time in the future but i bought my first x bow a top of the line Equinox the flag ship bow at the time for $700 american and now they want double that for the flag ship models give me a brake its aluminum and fiberglass enough is enough you can buy a lot of beef for $1500 dollars which is about ware they would price it.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

gerald strine wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:28 am
Boo wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 pm
That would interest me also but would be a bow that I most likely would not buy as they most likely would price it so high that I would not buy it .
I my self feel that prices are out of control the Axe is decent buy and i may pick one up some time in the future but i bought my first x bow a top of the line Equinox the flag ship bow at the time for $700 american and now they want double that for the flag ship models give me a brake its aluminum and fiberglass enough is enough you can buy a lot of beef for $1500 dollars which is about ware they would price it.
A big shout out for the >>Equinox <<

Dave :thumbup:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

To reduce a bit of weight and add rust resistance I would like Excalibur to use or offer Titanium fasteners. Scorpyd bows leave the factory assembled using 100% Titanium fasteners.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I keep saying as boo....every year ultra shaved bare minimum lite weight but it never happens. You could easily shed a pound off of a riser and rail with milling and holes.
How about a girls or youth model to replace the vixen or sapphire.lm not a fan of the elephant bows either but l assume they sell ... you really need 400 fps to kill a deer l guess.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
MicroMan355

Post by MicroMan355 »

Not a big fan of the Stryker stocks. :thumbdown: