TACT 100 Scope rings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RobD

TACT 100 Scope rings

Post by RobD »

Hey guys. With Anthony's recent thread about having problems with running out of scope adjustment, I took a look at my bows to see what might have been going on. I noticed something with the two TACT 100 scopes I have.

On my Micro 360TD Pro, the scope rings that shipped with the bow are the same ones that all of my Matrix-class bows had. I would classify them as Low, and they are the standard ones that are pictured as part number 1967, where they have a screw to attach to the scope mount. They are also the ones shown with the TACT 100 on its product page.

But then I looked at the TACT 100 that I have on my BD400. The set of rings that it came with are more of a Medium height, and you can tell these because the head of the screws for attaching to the scope mount are a nut style.
You can see them on the picture that BassPro has: https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/excalibur-tact-100-crossbow-scope

Has anybody else noticed this? I look at the 2019 Catalog, and the A420TD/A360/360TD/BD440 all show the older rings. Looks like the Axe340 and maybe the BD440 Black has them.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
gerald strine

Re: TACT 100 Scope rings

Post by gerald strine »

Their is a difference in the photographs but I am not sure what your question is looks like a new style maybe for the up coming model year.
I replaced my factory aluminum rings with some Millet steel rings right off the bat adds a small amount of weight but i like the peace of mind of tight rings.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
RobD

Post by RobD »

Not really a question, more of an observation. They don't appear to be just a new style, they do raise the scope up (Low -> Medium). The TACT 100 doesn't seem to have clearance issues with the older style rings. I guess I'm just wondering why, and also if anybody else even noticed the change. Were they finding some bow/scope combinations were running out of or near the end of the adjustment range?
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

janesy

Post by janesy »

Axe340 and A420Td purchased within the last 2-3 months both had the round screw rings.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

:thumbdown:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
RobD

Post by RobD »

Just measured, and the "new" style raise the scopy by approximately 7mm.

My Micro 360TD Pro came with the "old" style on the TACT 100. I am pretty sure it was an early production version. But I also heard from somebody privately that their Micro 360TD came with the new style.

For the one on my BD400, I originally mounted it with the new style. But when I realized it was sitting much higher than my other scopes, I threw an old style set of rings on it. Now I wonder if I should put the new style back on.

And yes, I haven't been able to go out with the bows lately so I am keeping myself occupied with trivial things like scope rings.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

RobD

Post by RobD »

Update, as I just acquired another Tact 100 with the new style rings.

My Micro 360 TD shipped with the original rings (slotted screws for base attachment), which are low profile (6mm).
The second scope is from an Assassin 420TD. New style rings with the hex head screw, 14mm high.
The third scope is from another Micro 360TD. New style rings, but same low profile height as my 360TD.

So it looks like they feel the Assassin model or possibly the 420+ fps bows need the higher scope rings to keep the adjustment range.

Mystery solved, now my brain can start overthinking on something else now.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout