Post by janesy »

ihunt wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:50 am
janesy wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:41 am
rmb721 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:18 am
I use a Mr. Buddy heater.

I have also used a metal five gallon bucket. Cut about five 3/4 inch holes around the bottom edge for air supply. Put all the holes in one area, not all the way around, so the wind doesn't blow out the candles. Light a couple short candles in the bottom of the bucket.

Put a piece of carpet on the lid. Sit on the bucket with your coat hanging down around the bucket. The heat will come right up through the coat.

Just make sure your underwear is not wet from rain or you could get blisters. Don't ask how I know this to be true.
Great idea!
What the wet underwear or the bucket idea? Lol
Just joking around.
I appreciate both tips! I don't want bum blisters, that sounds terrible!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bprime

Re: Blind heater

Post by Bprime »

Love the heater
snowhunter

Post by snowhunter »

I will try the foil trick tomorrow on my little buddy. Sitting in a blind with the temperature in single digits one needs all the tricks available. Now if I could trick a elk to come my way.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

One thing we need to seriously consider is safety. Everyone please be careful and keep your heater in good shape. Don’t get careless and have an accident with it.

Stay warm and safe!!

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Love all these ideas. As already stated be safe. Make sure you have proper ventilation with these fuel burning heaters. They could use up all the oxygen in a small space creating a Co2 hazard. Read and understand the warnings, take the manufacturers recommendations for proper ventilation and all will be well.
Cheers
Wayne
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:09 am
Love all these ideas. As already stated be safe. Make sure you have proper ventilation with these fuel burning heaters. They could use up all the oxygen in a small space creating a Co2 hazard. Read and understand the warnings, take the manufacturers recommendations for proper ventilation and all will be well.
Cheers
Wayne
And to add to that keep heaters away from ground blind wall as they are very inflammable or any material.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers