NTA

Re: How old is old

Post by NTA »

:thumbup: I'M 52.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

As various persons have mentioned . It only takes a bad cold or body failing to take a good hunting life to very restricted .
So hunt when you can and enjoy every sunrise .
My observation is as we get older we tend to get the " Toos" .
Too hot , too cold , too windy , too tired , too busy . :D
54 and 11 months
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Old seems to be ten years off. What ever old is I am always ten years away from that mark. At 58 I did cut back playing hockey to twice a week from my previous four or five times a week. I did cut back on summer hockey as well and not play July and August to let some knaggy injuries heal. Hoping to play hockey into my seventies like some of my friends I play with. You are old when you feel you are old. CHEERS!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Be 62 in a couple of months. I've had 3 knee surgeries. Got pins, plates and screws all over my body from being hit by a drunk driver at an accident scene one day. Pins in my hip, cadaver bone grafts in my neck and spine along with plates and screws. . Took 18 months for me to ever be able to go sit at a desk even, much less return to full duty. That was in '94.
I eventually retuned to full duty, and eventually returned to my regular duty in SWAT.
I retired in 2007. 26 years of service. :wave:

I look at it this way...life is just that, life. Each day is a blessing. Spend it wisely and with great joy. Take nothing and no one for granted. Each one of us only gets so many trips around the sun. Make the most of each one of those adventures. :D

I'm a little stiff some mornings, but I'm still in the race. I do what I want to, sometimes not as fast as I use to, but it still gets done. :lol: I cut 4 cords of Oak firewood back during the summer. Then split and stacked.

Still running and gunning! :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

:shock: :thumbup:
janesy wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:37 pm
Tom wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:33 pm
janesy wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:30 pm
I'LL SAY THIS LOUD SO YOU GUYS CAN HEAR ME OK... I'M 37.

:lol: :lol: :wave:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris, I have hunted more than 37 years (41 years hunting, more years in the woods). Chris, my relayer is 36 years old :lol: :lol: :lol: . I have 2 Astro Daco's, 1 is 39 years old and the other is 41.

I am 56 but most of the time I feel much older. When I see that I have equipment older then very experienced hunters, I really feel old :eusa-violin: .

Tom
Don't fret Tom, I'll be 38 in February.
My dear wife will be 28 two days after that :eusa-dance:
:shock: :thumbup:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Ok, I’ll be 65 next month. I feel much older because of my physical disabilities. I’ve had a 10 level interior & posterior spinal fusion, right hip and knee replacement, shoulder surgeries on both shoulders to remove spurs and fix torn bicep tendon tears on both shoulders. Had wrist surgery on both hands for carpal tunnel surgery. I have an implanted pain pump with morphine drip on the spinal cord to try to control pain in my spine and both legs. I feel like a bionic man! Lol Oh yeah, I set off metal detectors every time I pass through one! 👍
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Quote from Randy Newburg!

"Hunt as much as you can because you will run out of Health before you run out of money!"

:)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Some of you guys have me by a couple of years, I'm 53 and hopefully retiring next year if the Lord let's me live that long lol. My plans are to keep hunting, fishing, camping and whatever I can afford to still do.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

64 next month. Never think about being old..... till I start doing something...... Dang, didn’t used to be this hard! Still push sheets of MDF through table saw( 105lbs each) but it is more work than it used to be. Hanging doors is more of a challenge as well, but still manage. Of course hunting is not work😁. Rode 50 miles at the Hotter than He’ll bike ride this past August. A Century ( 100 mile ride)is on my short bucket list. We will see. My grandmother used to say” you’ve got to keep on keeping on”!
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Carnivorous wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:33 am
Quote from Randy Newburg!

"Hunt as much as you can because you will run out of Health before you run out of money!"

:)
I don't know about that I always seem to be out of money lol
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Hit the Big 60 in June , have a lot of AIDS , Hearing aids , Band Aids and RollAids ! Doing fairly well Dr's say I am wore out , Farming and working a full time job at 40 plus hours a week have taken its toll . I just had a Cervical fusion ( from which I am still recovering ) of 4 vertebrae , heel spurs , and a knee that will need to be replaced ( broadsided by a 65 fury while riding my motorcycle at 18 ) and a pooched rotator cuff . Still chugging away a little slower , a little achier but to stubborn to quit trying .....
snowhunter

Post by snowhunter »

I am 71, however from my forehead on up I still think I'm 18. I went to the doctor and was asked if I had any aches and pains. I replied yes. The doctor said GOOD, that tells me your alive.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

55 here. I still feel pretty good but my knees are starting to slow me down :(
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

snowhunter wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:53 am
I am 71, however from my forehead on up I still think I'm 18. I went to the doctor and was asked if I had any aches and pains. I replied yes. The doctor said GOOD, that tells me your alive.
Isn't true TRUe for most of us "Old Guys"?? :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

I'm 50. My body feels much older from years of hard use. My mind still feels 20. Too bad they don't match!
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly