How old is old

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JUDGE

Re: How old is old

Post by JUDGE »

71 and still at it MOOSE DEER AND TURKEY. and oh yes fishing.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

wabi wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:49 pm
Turned 69 today. Spent the afternoon at the local lake trying to catch the fish of a lifetime. Didn't catch it, so I must have more time coming.
That Bug on your avatar is probably older than you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave :eusa-dance:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Bucktail wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:53 pm
80 1/2 years old.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
joel0711

Post by joel0711 »

66 and buddy is 67,,,slowed down a little but far from stopping!
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

:thumbup: :clap: Don't ever stop...
ThunderXB wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:59 pm
I think I have some hunting socks that are 37!

I'm 66, 6' 7", 285 lbs, 2 knee replacements, 2 hip replacements and a 12" surgery scar on my back.

I'm still out there pounding it, dragging my own deer, and a few other peoples, and keeping up with or outdoing others.

WHY? Because I choose to do so.

You have to strive to live your life and do things, if you do, you can.

With that said, I have always lived my adult life based on the big dog theory: "big dogs don't last as long as little dogs", and based on that, I have tried to cram as much in as possible.

And yet I know people around the age of 60 that act and look like they are 85, if you think the power of your will and mind to do things doesn't work, you're missing the boat.

Get out there and live your life before it's gone.

"Cause I'M not old!!
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
SEW

Post by SEW »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:08 pm
They say a man turns old when sorrow & regret take the place of hope & dreams. I read this on a sign many years ago at a local shop. I'll never forget it because I thought it over for several days, and could come with no argument against it. :wink:
That seems so true. That’s a saying I’ll remember.
Prmtvbowman22

Post by Prmtvbowman22 »

Several weeks ago while heading to our hunting spot we crossed the river and saw a boat anchored near the dam. I commented on how strong the current looked. On the way back we crossed the river and saw the fire department searching for their bodies. Enjoy the outdoors as l have for 68 years but please be careful.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Prmtvbowman22 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:35 pm
Several weeks ago while heading to our hunting spot we crossed the river and saw a boat anchored near the dam. I commented on how strong the current looked. On the way back we crossed the river and saw the fire department searching for their bodies. Enjoy the outdoors as l have for 68 years but please be careful.
Many years ago my mother's best friend Alice who had four kids that were gown up, same age as me. Her eldest daughter's husband was supposed to go on an early spring fishing trip with his two brothers, and a couple buddies. Well, he had to work at the last minute and did not go. The middle of the day Saturday he called down to the land owner to check on them, he called back shortly after telling him that the Sheriff was on his way, they were all dead. They had gotten there early in the morning, like 2:30, and climbed into the back of his truck to sleep for an hour or three. They lit one of those portable heaters, and eventually fell asleep. The fumes over took them, and nobody woke up. I never forgot that, and went to two funerals because of it. I was 23 maybe. The survivor that could not go lost it and could not function for a spell.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

That's a very sad story Dan I don.t know if I where him what I would do or say . I had a friend who fell from a tree stand and he passed at 41 . when I hunt the same spots as we did I can see him in my mind. makes me sad.
W.M.
gab

Post by gab »

I'm 63 and still hunting every chance that I get. I often wonder where the years went and why they now seem to pass by even quicker.
SEW

Post by SEW »

gab wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:51 pm
I'm 63 and still hunting every chance that I get. I often wonder where the years went and why they now seem to pass by even quicker.
I have a theory but don’t know how correct it is, if any. Here it is. We measure time in relation to how long we’ve lived. When we’re 10, 1 year is 1/10 of our life. A year is a long time. When we’re 50, a year is 1/50 of our life, only 2%. A year at 50 seems 5x shorter than a year at 10. The older we get, time flies.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:05 am
gab wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:51 pm
I have a theory but don’t know how correct it is, if any. Here it is. We measure time in relation to how long we’ve lived. When we’re 10, 1 year is 1/10 of our life. A year is a long time. When we’re 50, a year is 1/50 of our life, only 2%. A year at 50 seems 5x shorter than a year at 10. The older we get, time flies.
....Steve....that sounds like Einstein's Law of Relativity.....It depends upon your age which is relative to and directly related to how fast time flies! :eusa-liar:

.....but that there is a bending of that law when one is of working age and how slow time goes from Monday to Friday but speeds up from Friday night
to Monday morning! :(

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

Anthony, I understand and remember.
SEW

Post by SEW »

Ever so often something is said or written that changes my perspective on life. I really appreciate this having been posted. It is affecting my life.

“They say a man turns old when sorrow & regret take the place of hope & dreams.”
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

A strange thing happened to me today I was checking to see if the door on the other side of the car was closed .While reaching over the center concell I rubbed my rib against it and cracked it . Ouch , I guess that happens when one gets old :eh: i 'm just glad i have enough meat for sausage maken :thumbup:
W.M.