How old is old

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Smong2000

Re: How old is old

Post by Smong2000 »

I think like I'm 35 but really only 63. If you factor in my leukemia, heart, failing kidneys, ankles, knees, and shoulder...that makes me about 63.5. Definitely not going to rust away, burn out maybe, but not going without a fight. Hunting alot, still pulling my Excaliburs by rope (mostly), exercise and walk most days, no alcohol or nicotine, eat well and keep my weight down. Got some Grandchildren that I have to see grow up. :thumbup:
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

53. Still lots of life left. Mostly hunt solo and love it. My wife made me get a SpotX this year for when i go on solo off-grid trips for 5 to 10 days by canoe. My plan is to hunt hard until i'm 80 and than to go out in epic hand to hand combat with a bear where we both end up dead. Think Revenant except the protagonist ends up dead as well. Better to burn out than fade away.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
gunboy203

Post by gunboy203 »

55.... But like many have said your as young as you feel..... Just glad to see so many on here still able to get out and enjoy hunting and the outdoors.....
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Species8472 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:14 pm
53. Still lots of life left. Mostly hunt solo and love it. My wife made me get a SpotX this year for when i go on solo off-grid trips for 5 to 10 days by canoe. My plan is to hunt hard until i'm 80 and than to go out in epic hand to hand combat with a bear where we both end up dead. Think Revenant except the protagonist ends up dead as well. Better to burn out than fade away.
Better to burn out than fade away (quote)
Now that's the right way to think. :thumbup:

Dave :clap: :clap:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Rubicon1000

Post by Rubicon1000 »

53 this year and went on chemotherapy for the 5th time in October. Have had to many surgeries to count but I have been in my tree stand 3 times and I am heading out to camp for the rest of the week. Some days are harder than others but nothing cures better than being in the woods.
May God bless us all and keep the freezer full, Dan
Mega 405 and a matrix 330.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I am 56 and not doing to bad compared to many my age but all the old injuries have a way of catching up with you , lower back issues, eyes getting worse I hate hunting in glasses miss my young eyes,sciatic nerve issue that comes and goes,could not zip up my bibs this week they shrunk since last year :D
But at least I am on the right side of the dirt and getting out in the woods !
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I'm old too! Before I know it, God willing and me able, I'll be 100, but before I am, I'm savouring the 67 years that have already gone by, and day by day I'm looking forward to the next 33 years.

Now some of you folks might think that I've got high hopes, and you're correct. However, considering that my grand-dad lived to 98 1/2, and my dad's goal was to live to at least 100. Well this year he would have been 103, unfortunately he didn't make it. Stage 4 pancreatic cancer took him at 87 years young, so I promised him that I'd make the journey for him.
Wish me luck on my journey.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

Good luck,
Comfy Bear
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
wabi

Post by wabi »

Turned 69 today. Spent the afternoon at the local lake trying to catch the fish of a lifetime. Didn't catch it, so I must have more time coming.
wabi
janesy

Post by janesy »

wabi wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:49 pm
Turned 69 today. Spent the afternoon at the local lake trying to catch the fish of a lifetime. Didn't catch it, so I must have more time coming.
I had someone congratulate me earlier this year on a "fish of a lifetime!" muskie.
I just looked at him and said, "thanks... But that means I'd have to stop fishing now!" :wave:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Rubicon1000 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:47 am
53 this year and went on chemotherapy for the 5th time in October. Have had to many surgeries to count but I have been in my tree stand 3 times and I am heading out to camp for the rest of the week. Some days are harder than others but nothing cures better than being in the woods.
May God bless us all and keep the freezer full, Dan
I hear ya!
My wife was diagnosed with cancer about 8 months ago. Surgeries and chemo certainly take their toll on the human body. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :eusa-pray: May GOD Bless! :angel: :angel:

My wife gets great joy from our son who's the head coach at a large High School here in Texas. She enjoys watching him coach and all the young men he coaches have rallied around her. And our youngest granddaughter plays basketball for the local school. The team there has done the same.
Both get her out and moving.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

80 1/2 years old.
Matrix 355 Tact-Zone TriggerTech ADF Laser11 Pro 385gr 100 gr WaspBoss 18in Diablos 150gr Boltcutter Dan Miller R.E.D.S .

ExoMax Vari-zone S5 18in Laser11 18in 2219 100gr WaspBoss

Phoenix Shadow-Zone ADF S5 18in Laser11 100gr WaspBoss
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

They say a man turns old when sorrow & regret take the place of hope & dreams. I read this on a sign many years ago at a local shop. I'll never forget it because I thought it over for several days, and could come with no argument against it. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
chilly_willy

Post by chilly_willy »

66 and still hanging in there. Bad lower back, arthritis every joint in my body but still going in the woods as much as I can.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Looks like a lot of the members here on the forum reaching the age of not being honest with ourselves,
we think a lot younger than our body , I guess that's normal so that's a good thing , Right,,,?
at least we can still think :think: just a few months ago I told my wife I was thinking about getting a kayak
and fish the small rivers we have around here :thumbdown:
my wife looks at me with a dumb look on her face and said ,, get over it old man,,, that's like a dog chasing a car
you couldn't drive it if you caught it. :shock:

Dave :eusa-deadhorse:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings