Nikon Bolt XR

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shoebuck

Nikon Bolt XR

Post by Shoebuck »

I have two Nikon Bolt scopes that I am thinking about selling. I can not find a receipt, and I do not remember how much I paid for them. Does anybody know what they sold for and what would be a fair asking price. Apparently they are out of production. They are in excellent condition. Thanks, Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
xcaliber

Re: Nikon Bolt XR

Post by xcaliber »

I bought the new version for $129. I have one of each, and think other than turret caps it’s the same scope. I remember when it first came out they were going for $199.

Hope that helps.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

I got a used one for $100cad a couple months ago. And somewhere around $100 last year as well.

For that matter, both of my new ones were under $150CAD.

They are a great scope for the money, but unfortunately for the seller that doesn't leave for much in resale value.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I have 2 myself and really like these scopes. I would ask 120.00 each. Nikon is getting out of the hunting scope business so now is the time to buy a Nikon scope if you want one.
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it. Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

Response from Nikon 11/22/2019
Response from Gabriela M.

After a thorough analysis, looking at international market conditions, purchase data and consumer trends, Nikon has decided to exit the riflescope category on a global basis and concentrate on the growing product categories of binoculars rangefinders and fieldscopes. The wind down of the company’s riflescope business will take place over the course of the next year across all global markets.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
janesy

Post by janesy »

Deerstalker wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:57 pm
Response from Nikon 11/22/2019
Response from Gabriela M.

After a thorough analysis, looking at international market conditions, purchase data and consumer trends, Nikon has decided to exit the riflescope category on a global basis and concentrate on the growing product categories of binoculars rangefinders and fieldscopes. The wind down of the company’s riflescope business will take place over the course of the next year across all global markets.
That's too bad, from the crossbow point if view. But I understand, they have a mediocre at best presence in the hunting world and only seem to sell when they are on sale. The glass is excellent(as you would expect from a company who predominantly makes lenses for every industry), but they lack the "solid" feel from other vendors. I had one on a yote rifle for a short while before I sold it off. It wasn't confidence inspiring.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme