Buck Movements

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

Buck Movements

Post by ko4nrbs »

Check cameras today at Church Buddy's place and had four new bucks in the area. A big 9 point, spike with really long spikes maybe 8" long, another 4 point and a four point?? with one whole side broken off with whats left having 2 points. Seems like something kicked them into high gear as far as traveling. Been very rainy here and cold so maybe that's it, who knows??

Did a 6 hour sit today in the Ground Blind and didn't see anything. Will keep at it until I have to leave Tuesday to spend Thanksgiving with our daughters.

Seeing more does as well.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
AJ01

Re: Buck Movements

Post by AJ01 »

ko4nrbs wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:18 pm
Check cameras today at Church Buddy's place and had four new bucks in the area. A big 9 point, spike with really long spikes maybe 8" long, another 4 point and a four point?? with one whole side broken off with whats left having 2 points. Seems like something kicked them into high gear as far as traveling. Been very rainy here and cold so maybe that's it, who knows??

Did a 6 hour sit today in the Ground Blind and didn't see anything. Will keep at it until I have to leave Tuesday to spend Thanksgiving with our daughters.

Bill
Weather is changing here in East Texas too. Light rain and cooler temps, low 40's for in the morning. Gotta new ground blind been out about 2 weeks. Gonna give it a sit in the morning. :)
Been in the blasted lower 70's to high 60's for over a week now :thumbdown: . It's bout time for some cooler weather! :lol:

Hope you find that 9 point in your scope before Tuesday!! :thumbup:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

ko4nrbs wrote:
Check cameras today at Church Buddy's place.........and a four point?? with one whole side broken off with whats left having 2 points.

Bill
Hmm seems like the 2 pointer I got this season? Maybe it's his twin. :lol:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

ihunt wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:47 pm
ko4nrbs wrote:
Check cameras today at Church Buddy's place.........and a four point?? with one whole side broken off with whats left having 2 points.

Bill
Hmm seems like the 2 pointer I got this season? Maybe it's his twin. :lol:
His American cousin.
Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

AJ01 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:24 pm
ko4nrbs wrote:

Bill
Weather is changing here in East Texas too. Light rain and cooler temps, low 40's for in the morning. Gotta new ground blind been out about 2 weeks. Gonna give it a sit in the morning. :)
Been in the blasted lower 70's to high 60's for over a week now :thumbdown: . It's bout time for some cooler weather! :lol:

Hope you find that 9 point in your scope before Tuesday!! :thumbup:

AJ
Good Luck, hang in there!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

This corridor can be frustrating. Lot's of blind time without seeing anything but the landowner sees them up in the subdivision!! Several have been camping out in his neighbor's back lot. Only a matter of time!!

Getting some friendly ribbing from the landowner every time he sees the deer. He said the deer hang around the upper part of the subdivision in broad daylight most every morning. Too bad I don't have permission to hunt up there.

Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Any updates on buck movements or did you get one?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

ihunt wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:21 am
Any updates on buck movements or did you get one?
Still getting pics of a few nice bucks but all late at night or very early in the morning. Will keep at it.

If the weather had cooperated I would of been hunting my spot on the river. Have to camp out in my boat so rain is a big factor. Lot’s of deer there though and even bigger bucks.
Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

My turn to wish you good luck! :D
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

ihunt wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:43 am
My turn to wish you good luck! :D
Got up with the landowner and verified his property lines. Come to find out I have another good spot that is still on his property. Will have to use my Grill Suit though. Don't want to move the ground blind in there as it is very close to the bedding area. Be easy to hide in the thicket so that is a good thing if the wind cooperates. It's a main fence crossing area on a heavily used trail so may be able to sneak in and get one of the bucks I have seen on the cameras.

Will get back after it next week after Thanksgiving. Heading to one of our daughter's places. The first couple of weeks in December may be exciting judging by the number of bucks in the area!!

Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks