Seeking opinions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: Seeking opinions

Post by xcaliber »

My Savage.308 is the stainless model, I got the Nikon Prostaff as part of the combo for $599. a few years ago at the end of hunting season, it is more accurate than I am. My .44 magnum CVA in stainless was $249, it is incredible out to 100 yards, maybe further. I don’t mind beating them up in the field either.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

I have 2 savage rifles, a 30-06 for me and a .243 youth version for my kids. I hunt in an area with a max shot of 120 yards and I am sure they can out shoot my failing eyes. I agree with Dan, the big bonus is I don't have to feel bad about putting wear on them. I was hunting with a Remington 200th anniversary gun for a number of years. It was too nice for the task
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Getting back to your original question l never saw any better performance out of hornady ammo.
I like factory Remington .l have a .243 that is very finicky and the Remington delivers the best groups.
The only problem l have with federal is the powder.
The powder in the shot shells and rifle cartridges is the dirtiest around .l never get that fowling with the Remington.
Shoot the tru ball slugs they can fowl a barrel like no other.guaranteed!
I just dont have the time to reload anymore so factory ammo is it.
Factory ammo has also come a long way.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Dennis, I have had great luck with all the Nosler products that I have tried. Even still have a good supply of the old red and black box “Solid Base” bullets. The newer ballistic tip bullets have all shot well. I would start there somewhere. The only Browning I have any experience with is Coltons Abolt II in 243. It has never met a load it doesn’t like! Shoots everything well.
The big question is.... if you can afford a rifle/ scope combo like that, why don’t you just buy a box of each bullets and try some loads???😎😎😎😎 Have fun!
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Paul, I did try a few different types of ammo. It loved the accubonds and the hornady eld-x. Shot them the same without any adjustments. Seeing as deer are the prime target, we decided on the hornady eld-x. The custom dial is on order and we ordered a case of ammo. Ethan should be set for the rest of his hunting career.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Normous

Post by Normous »

Got to love a CUSTOM LEUPOLD DIAL. Good choice!!!
REAL GOOD!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Both are great bullets if you were just using them on deer I'd probably go with the Accubond. I have a 7mm-08 and a 6.5 Creedmore and I use a 120 grain in both guns for deer. I shoot a 120gr. Hornady GMX bullet in the 6.5 and it has mild recoil but really puts a hurting on a deer. The reviews on this bullet are great also.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

UPSMAN wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:45 pm
Paul, I did try a few different types of ammo. It loved the accubonds and the hornady eld-x. Shot them the same without any adjustments. Seeing as deer are the prime target, we decided on the hornady eld-x. The custom dial is on order and we ordered a case of ammo. Ethan should be set for the rest of his hunting career.
A CASE??? Man you are moneybags!
Last rifle that I bought, I looked at the 6.5 Creedmore, but after looking at the 2000-2500 7mm bullets that I had, I made another choice. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: At my age that is a lifetime supply for sure. Have fun!
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

It was only a 10 box case.(200 rounds) :D :D It was only $228.00
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String