new string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

new string

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Thinking about getting a new custom string for my Grizzly but I am alittle confused about all the different materials and strand counts.Can anyone point me in the right direction?
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
bigbowman

Re: new string

Post by bigbowman »

Vixenmaster here makes a awesome custom Flemish string! Good luck.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

There’s several great string makers on here. Keith is my go to guy in the lower 48.

https://deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
janesy

Post by janesy »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:55 am
Thinking about getting a new custom string for my Grizzly but I am alittle confused about all the different materials and strand counts.Can anyone point me in the right direction?
For your first string, I think your best bet would be to search the trading post. There are a handful of predominant string twisters on here and they all offer something different to allow you to choose based on what you expect the sting to do. Whether your first requirement is speed, sound dampening, longevity, esthetics, or economy. The bases are covered.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I like Rhino the most. It’s the strongest strand material exceeding Force 10, low stretch and just as fast with equal strand count. You can go 24 to 28 on your bow with Rhino, and Force 10, I would go with 28.

Good luck, many good sellers on the Trading Post
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Well Dan makes awesome strings that don’t creep! I just don’t know if he does it for a hobby or business? I suggest him too!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Just make strings as a hobby these days, I don’t want to dedicate the time to sell strings, and I prefer to do other things really. I enjoy making them, but I really think the other guys turn around time is much better than mine, and they make great strings for a very reasonable price. I have tried them all, and you’ll do well with any choice you make. They use various materials and have made enough to give advice on what they use and why.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:55 am
I have not made one for a Grizzly in quite a while, and if you'll do me a favor I'll make you one on me. I'm sure you can get a better one later, but I would need you to set brace height, then pull the string and measure it's length with a tape measure. This way I can get you a string that will be at the right brace height with a few shots required to settle it in. PM me, and give me a bit of time since it's hunting season here.

Dan
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Dan your strings are truly amazing! You make one fine twisted Flemish string! I put my packer string on and as soon as I get the trigger, I’ll finish the season finally with my Micro 355! That’s an awesome string you made me!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Brian thanks a bunch. Again, please know I love to make, don't really like to sell them. I offer a few here & there lately and just started making strings again after quite a while. I don't want anyone's money & don't criticize anyone's work, so please don't ask. I make mine & a few friends, and offer to give a few away these days, period.
Robinsons Rebel

Thank you xcalibur!!! I believe a pm was sent. Happy Thanksgiving !!
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
Robinsons Rebel

Guess having trouble sending pm. Thank you so much for your time in helping me. End loop to end loop total length is 31 3/8" People like you is what makes this a great forum. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Shoot me an email, I did not get your pm for some reason.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dan

[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:18 pm
Guess having trouble sending pm. Thank you so much for your time in helping me. End loop to end loop total length is 31 3/8" People like you is what makes this a great forum. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I'm not hunting this weekend because my Apprentice, AKA the Kid is hunting out of state, and I can not really hunt by myself anymore. The Queen's orders! :eusa-hand:

Anyway, I'm finishing it in the early morning, and shipping it out tomorrow. I used Angel Majesty center serving, please don't ever wax it! Should be a bit high on brace height, maybe 1/16" - 1/8". Shoot it there as it will stretch a little bit. Happy Hunting R.R.

Dan
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Man, you're hard to get a hold of. :lol: :lol:
Anyway, it's on the way, should be there Tuesday!