Bulldog 440 learning curve

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Potter

Bulldog 440 learning curve

Post by Potter »

With all this speed and power there is so much to learn. I am on third set of limbs, 40 shots, no splinters! New string 86 shots serving still looks good after polishing latchs! Old broadheads opened in flight, missed doe! New excalibur mechanicals did not open, wounded doe! Muzzy trocar hbx hybrids on the way! Any body have experience with them?what's everybody using on the business end of this beast?
Bulldog 440. Exocet 200
Normous

Re: Bulldog 440 learning curve

Post by Normous »

Using US made large cut SWAT X MAG and VECTOR. Both quality mechanicals. I tested them both at almost 490 fps out of my Scorpyd and both do not deploy at launch
Drain your game!.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Potter wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:58 pm
With all this speed and power there is so much to learn. I am on third set of limbs, 40 shots, no splinters! New string 86 shots serving still looks good after polishing latchs! Old broadheads opened in flight, missed doe! New excalibur mechanicals did not open, wounded doe! Muzzy trocar hbx hybrids on the way! Any body have experience with them?what's everybody using on the business end of this beast?
With all that power, I think you should have a serious talk with Normous about the SWAT heads. They are devastating to say the least.
Surprised to hear that they the Excal exp did not open. They are a great head too. But I have heard of them not opening once before on a doe local here, maybe 4 or 5 years ago.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

Here is the exit channel left from the SWAT X MAG witnessed by another member from our forum. This is typical performance I have noted from the X MAG numerous times.

Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I hit a doe with the SWATXMag. Through both shoulder and the arrow went in the ground!

She expired in sight.

They will be on my arrows for January hog hunt. Can't wait to see what they will do! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

I am 99% sure swats will be on my arrows next year . But with my 330 I think I'll go with the Swat mini.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
Potter

Post by Potter »

Shot the muzzy hybrid 5 times at 30 and 40 yes. Extremely accurate, same point of impact as field point s. They go through my target so I could tell they open ed. Noticed scope mounting rail was loose. Re glued, rotate string a twist.check new limbs,58 shots.string has 104 shots, everything looks good.if it stops raining I can hunt again. With this new bow I have begun to keep a log of number of shots on bow and limbs. Also hunts. Does anybody else do this? I'm hoping to get through next year season with 1 string .
Bulldog 440. Exocet 200
drywallerdave1

Post by drywallerdave1 »

I shoot swat x mags out of my bulldog 400. Most accurate broadheads I have tested. Rage hypos opened early. Could barely hit my target. Grim reapers also shot like crap. Only broadhead that shoot exactly like my field points are swat. Only broadheads I will shoot now. Swat a4 xmags that is
Potter

Post by Potter »

Will have to get some xmags for xmas, maybe some heavier arrows too.
Bulldog 440. Exocet 200
Normous

Post by Normous »

If you live in Canada contact me for X MAGS since I am a Distributor up here.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I can't speak for the 440 but with my 405 not modified I shoot the Magnus Ser Razor 125 fixed and it fly very well out to 40yds. that's my range set up in the yard. so if you are looking for a fixed head to try give them a try and the also come with a lifetime guarantee . and the won't close when you shot.
W.M.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I’m using the Swat A4-Mini, and find them to be well made, and very accurate from my Axe. Hope to get a shot this season still, but after muzzle loader season ends. Norman got me to take a serious look at these, and I think they will be perfect for me.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Potter

Post by Potter »

Broke serving on excalibur string today practicing. Got 120 shots out of it, is this about normal or should I polish latches again? New boo string on.are all the new bows this hard on servings? Liking my exocet 200 more each day, string would last years, never any problems. 75 shots on new limbs, no splinters!
Bulldog 440. Exocet 200
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I think the force and angle that the string is subjected to make it a serving chewer . I’m sure there are a few things that make it a bit better, but never as easy on serving as the old long limb models. Speed always comes at a cost!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Potter wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:06 pm
Broke serving on excalibur string today practicing. Got 120 shots out of it, is this about normal or should I polish latches again? New boo string on.are all the new bows this hard on servings? Liking my exocet 200 more each day, string would last years, never any problems. 75 shots on new limbs, no splinters!
I'd be tickled with 120 shots! Boo string should last longer
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme