QUERY FOR NYS CROSSBOW HUNTERS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

QUERY FOR NYS CROSSBOW HUNTERS

Post by amythntr »

.....I am starting to look for some hunting property.....obviously money is one of the important factors along with other (too long to go into)....In looking at some property in NYS I am aware of the current 200 lb maximum on the CB poundage. Obviously all of my Excalibur CB's (except the Skorpyd Death Stalker....which I am still not convinced can be sighted in) are over powered.

.....Does any NYS CB hunters know if this stupid rule is in the works to be overturned.....I know the "almighty compound BH's were instrumental on the poundage limit! :evil:

Anthony :thumbdown:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Re: QUERY FOR NYS CROSSBOW HUNTERS

Post by longbow joe »

I'm not selling little manco back ever!!!!
I'm curious why your not interested in the nearby pa counties ...pike ,wayne ,sesquahana etc. Great deer producing counties and no bullarky stupid rules to deal with .l hunted there many nice game lands and big deer with the point minimum emposed.
My little hunting companion just killed a 145 inch buck just over the river in pike county in a game land
You dont really need land just a simple crash pad with all the land available.
I hunt on land that a mining company owns it's never posted but not a game land is like 5000 acres very low pressure even during gun season.
I guess it's a little farther for you ...might be a factor
I'm further south than you and l can be in my tree in an honest hour in carbon county
I have killed a few really nice bucks at my aunt's farm
But l actually hunt down the road on public property ...its better.
I mostly am lazy and would rather stay home and sneak in the back yards and woods here better hunting but there's nothing like the mountains for the soul.
Last edited by longbow joe on Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Joe is right about PA, I have family there and have hunted the far north east part of the state and it is great hunting. I also have family in NYS just on the border and they hunt both sides. and he has to use a 310 matrix.
W.M.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I kinda like the poundage limit ....lt keeps the (100yard)
Ravin wanna bee's in order but with the decrease in bringing new hunting people up to increase license sales it's a bad idea l guess...
Its getting kind of anal so not worth worrying about.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I don't think there will be any change as the crossbow is thought of as a rifle that is why the 200 lb max and the limb width limit it does put crossbows like the Raven out . I live about 13 miles from the NY border and grew up less then a mile from it . I thought about getting a NY hunting lic and just hunt turkey with the crossbow I got a GRZ2 to do that but decided not to it would have been a waste of money . I gave the GRZ2 to my future daughter in law .
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Thanks guys :thumbup: ....I am also looking in Wayne County, PA....I will check the other counties....wanted to keep the traveling to under 3 hours....I was questioning NY because something popped up in my search which is bordered on 3 sides by NYS, and DEC land :shock: with 56 acres and a hunting cabin on it!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings