Repairing Damaged 18" Diablo Bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Team Kusza

Repairing Damaged 18" Diablo Bolts

Post by Team Kusza »

I have a Bulldog 440 and have torn off some of the vanes during target practice.
Can anyone tell me what the specifics are of factory Diablo 18" bolts.
I believe they have 2" Blazer vanes that are offset, but I don't know to what degree or how much.
What tool would you guys recommend I get, in order to fix my damaged bolts?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated...
TK
gerald strine

Re: Repairing Damaged 18" Diablo Bolts

Post by gerald strine »

This is a great bolt Fletcher it does all three at the same time get the helical model.

https://www.amazon.com/Arizona-Rim-EZ-Fletch-Bolt/dp/B004XNYJ66
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

EZ Fletch
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

As everyone said above,,,,,,,,
simple to use, and very dependable. :thumbup:

Dave
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

EZ-fletch Bolt. But plan to replace all 3 vanes, as the EZ -fletch will put more helical that came from factory.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I will let others chime in but, are the Diablo's 18" even the proper arra's to be shootin out of "The 440 Beast?" :eusa-think:

...other than the above I aree with all that the others say...and yes you should change all three of the fletching....if I remember correctly the fletching on those arras come with "offset" and not "helical"....again I will let others chime in!

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 am
....I will let others chime in but, are the Diablo's 18" even the proper arra's to be shootin out of "The 440 Beast?" :eusa-think:

...other than the above I aree with all that the others say...and yes you should change all three of the fletching....if I remember correctly the fletching on those arras come with "offset" and not "helical"....again I will let others chime in!

They do come with 18", which I personally believe is a little short for safety sake. But functionally fine

I believe you are correct regarding the offset, although, with the new BE arrows, I'm not 100% how they do it now. Regardless, they certainly aren't putting the 4°helical that the EZFletch Bolt uses. Which was my point to mention. :thumbup: great minds think alike
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
CBRon

Post by CBRon »

Are you shooting groups , hitting arrows ? If so check those arrows... bend and twist and listen for cracking.. Could be a disaster for you and the bow.
VIXEN 2 , PHOENIX
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

janesy wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:18 am
amythntr wrote:

They do come with 18", which I personally believe is a little short for safety sake. But functionally fine

I believe you are correct regarding the offset, although, with the new BE arrows, I'm not 100% how they do it now. Regardless, they certainly aren't putting the 4°helical that the EZFletch Bolt uses. Which was my point to mention. :thumbup: great minds think alike
....I can't believe the "The Beast of Excalibur Present" comes with lighter spined 18 Inch Diablos.....I have been told by great minds on this forum that 18" are kind of short for "The Beast of Excalibur Past (A420TD"....I have stayed with the 18" I made...have only shot at the range and am happy with them...I am shooting the heavier spined Zombies however.

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:18 pm
janesy wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:18 am
amythntr wrote:

....I can't believe the "The Beast of Excalibur Present" comes with lighter spined 18 Inch Diablos.....I have been told by great minds on this forum that 18" are kind of short for "The Beast of Excalibur Past (A420TD"....I have stayed with the 18" I made...have only shot at the range and am happy with them...I am shooting the heavier spined Zombies however.

I shot a A420TD a bunch with both. 17" BJ Zombie, and a 20" factory BE executioner and noticed zero concernable difference between the two. The 20" was considerably heavier and really rocked the target tho.
It has now produced 3 deer with that same setup.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

Anthony the bolts that came with my 440 were the Proflight’s they are nice but they have the aluminum inserts too light for me I’m shooting the zombies out of it and it shoots great. I also have about 6 bolts to fix from my 440 also. EZ fletch works good I also have the Bohning crossbow tower jig and works good also.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats