HHA optimizer speed dial at close range

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

HHA optimizer speed dial at close range

Post by hunter with MS »

This may sound silly but I am wondering how accurate it is at close range like under 20 yards and where do I set the range dial ? Do I leave it at 20 ? I am using the Vortex Crossfire II scope.
Hester0305

Re: HHA optimizer speed dial at close range

Post by Hester0305 »

The best way to find out is to set it on 20 yards and then walk up and shoot it under 20 yards and see where the impact changes. I have actually set my HHA dial a little under 20 before when I was shooting between 15-20 yards in a thicket I was hunting. I've never had an issue killing deer under yards with mine set on 20 yards. Good luck you'll find you love the HHA when you get used to it and shoot it a lot.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
nchunterkw

Re: HHA optimizer speed dial at close range

Post by nchunterkw »

My scope on my Micro is about 1 1/2" above the rail. I am shooting 16" ZS with 110gr brass and 125gr BHs, with a Lumenock. With THAT ballistics coefficent, (yours is most likely similar), and a 20yd zero, my arrow is 1 1/2" low at 0 yards, rises to "dead on" at about 5yards, continues to rise to its max of about1" high at 15 yards, and then is dead on again at 20yards.

I guess that's a long way of saying it don't matter much for deer with a 20yard zero if they are closer.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><