diablo bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

diablo bolts

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Is there a way to add lumenocks to factory stock diablo bolts? I use bolts that have them already installed but have had some broken by shooting some hogs. Both bolt types shoot the same for me but I've like using the lumenocks.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
janesy

Re: diablo bolts

Post by janesy »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:21 pm
Is there a way to add lumenocks to factory stock diablo bolts? I use bolts that have them already installed but have had some broken by shooting some hogs. Both bolt types shoot the same for me but I've like using the lumenocks.
Absolutely. You just need to buy new ones. Depending on whether your factory diablos are made by Easton Pre-2018, or Black Eagle 2019 and newer. They are slightly different interior diameter and Luminock has 2 part numbers for them.

Removing the aluminum nock is easy in the Easton's, not as easy with the black eagle. Do a search for removing nocks, as there a 20 methods and they all achieve the same results.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Worked out great. Thanks alot!
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

janesy wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:13 am
Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Absolutely. You just need to buy new ones. Depending on whether your factory diablos are made by Easton Pre-2018, or Black Eagle 2019 and newer. They are slightly different interior diameter and Luminock has 2 part numbers for them.

Removing the aluminum nock is easy in the Easton's, not as easy with the black eagle. Do a search for removing nocks, as there a 20 methods and they all achieve the same results.
....so are the nocks easy to remove on the Proflight arra's that come with the A420TD? And can anyone chirp in if they have done it and what method was used....thanks in advance!

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:19 pm
janesy wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:13 am
Robinsons Rebel wrote:

....so are the nocks easy to remove on the Proflight arra's that come with the A420TD? And can anyone chirp in if they have done it and what method was used....thanks in advance!

Can't comment on the nock end, but I can say for sure the insert is much harder to get out without damaging the carbon on the BE compared to the Easton. I can be done, but the BE adhesive is far superior
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
curious

Post by curious »

I just went through this scenario last night. I removed the front inserts from both Easton quills and Black eagle quills last night because I wanted to install 110g brass inserts. First thing I noticed after removing the inserts was the Black eagle inserts were longer and heavier than the Easton inserts the Black eagles weigh 62.6g and the Eastons weigh 49.4g
Jansey you are correct that the Black eagles are way more difficult to remove. I made an attachment that fits my 60 watt soldering iron to remove the inserts. I preheat the soldering iron for 10 minutes and then screw the arrow onto the attachment and let the heat transfer to break the glue bond. As soon as the arrow insert bottoms out on the attachment I start to pull the arrow shaft off the insert. The Eastons took about 25 seconds of heat transfer to remove the inserts, the Black eagles took about 70 seconds to break free and the carbon shaft was very hot to the touch but luckily I had no damage to the shafts.
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings
janesy

Post by janesy »

curious wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:30 pm
I just went through this scenario last night. I removed the front inserts from both Easton quills and Black eagle quills last night because I wanted to install 110g brass inserts. First thing I noticed after removing the inserts was the Black eagle inserts were longer and heavier than the Easton inserts the Black eagles weigh 62.6g and the Eastons weigh 49.4g
Jansey you are correct that the Black eagles are way more difficult to remove. I made an attachment that fits my 60 watt soldering iron to remove the inserts. I preheat the soldering iron for 10 minutes and then screw the arrow onto the attachment and let the heat transfer to break the glue bond. As soon as the arrow insert bottoms out on the attachment I start to pull the arrow shaft off the insert. The Eastons took about 25 seconds of heat transfer to remove the inserts, the Black eagles took about 70 seconds to break free and the carbon shaft was very hot to the touch but luckily I had no damage to the shafts.
Interested to hear if you pulled the nock as well? I can confirm the insert from a Easton Quill is 49.~ grn.

Makes sense that the BE insert is heavier. If I recall correctly the Easton quills weigh .9Grn heavier per inch that the BE. 9.9 vs 9 GPI
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
curious

Post by curious »

I never pulled the nocks as I didn't need to but with the nocks being shorter in length I don't see a problem.
I tried to post a couple of pictures but I got a message saying board was full
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I do the soldering iron thing with a 30 watt and use a wet paper towel wrapped around the shaft it takes a little longer but I NEVER had a damaged arrow using this method. you can pick up a iron from Walmart for 6.00 and run a 8/32 die on the tip and your in business.
W.M.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

W.Miguire wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:08 am
I do the soldering iron thing with a 30 watt and use a wet paper towel wrapped around the shaft it takes a little longer but I NEVER had a damaged arrow using this method. you can pick up a iron from Walmart for 6.00 and run a 8/32 die on the tip and your in business.
W.M.
What a brilliant idea!!! :thumbup:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.