Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: Nose Jammer Experiment

Post by newbie »

janesy wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:27 pm
newbie wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:06 am
I got a few trial cans last year at the ATA show. I sprayed my boots and pants. It has a pleasant almost unpleasant smell. Hard to descridbe but it is strong stuff. The buck i shot openinng week walked in on my tracks
I unloaded those cans during bear season! No luck for me
I just used a few little sprays. I dont like the smell of it if i spray too much.. like when you are walking through a store and one person doused themselves with cologne or perfume and you can smell them from the parking lot. :wtf: :shifty:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:52 am
Anybody have an experience having hogs come to it ?
I don't but it may be worth a try. Set up a Game Camera and spray some on a tree and see what happens.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Since its mainly vanilla scent. May try a little of that home mix. Vanilla, maple syrup, almond and if it don't work at least I can use it on pancakes!
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have not used it but I have used Conquest scents evercalm and had the same thing it puts the deer at ease .
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

hunter with MS wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:13 pm
I have not used it but I have used Conquest scents evercalm and had the same thing it puts the deer at ease .
I'll give the Conquest Scent "Ever Calm" a :thumbup: . I really like that stuff. I smear it on my boots for the walk in. I shot a nice 10 a few years back as he walked along smelling where I had walked!!
I also use Scent Killer "Gold". Never had a deer complain about the smell, or lack there of!! :D

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!