Murphy's Law

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Murphy's Law

Post by W.Miguire »

I was sitting this eve . and I can only shoot Does . In comes a BIG 8 pt. and a 6er they were there for about 10 min. all I could do is turn on the camera and watch them . and then the does come along and the bucks chase after them. O well maybe next time . I was just a nice hunt anyway just to see such a deer.
W.M.
Carnivorous

Re: Murphy's Law

Post by Carnivorous »

Nice! I wish I had a tag left so I could be out there! Lol

On a side note I did some tree stand work and when I was done I sat in the last stand for about 5min with no Bow! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:32 am
Nice! I wish I had a tag left so I could be out there! Lol

On a side note I did some tree stand work and when I was done I sat in the last stand for about 5min with no Bow! :)
I just found out I could have gotten an extra tag this year oh well I still have my one either sex tag and will have it until close on Dec 31st unless mr. bill slips up before then !
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

W.Miguire wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:22 pm
I was sitting this eve . and I can only shoot Does . In comes a BIG 8 pt. and a 6er they were there for about 10 min. all I could do is turn on the camera and watch them . and then the does come along and the bucks chase after them. O well maybe next time . I was just a nice hunt anyway just to see such a deer.
W.M.
Yup ! Four years ago when I went to Montana I didn't get drawn for a mule deer tag only antelope. The first mourning 5 bucks came to the water hole I was sitting under 20 yards. I do have it on film also lol
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Murphy has a knack for goofing things up, good hunt though in my book!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

We're just the opposite the doe days are over and it's buck only. My grandson's are getting out of school early on Friday and we're headed to the woods. We have a new spot picked out and put in a ground blind so hopefully one of them will get one with Paw paw. Hope you get to fill those doe tags.
Good luck
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Thanks Chief, Good luck to you also.
W.M.