Team Realtree Broadheads ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tcwild

Team Realtree Broadheads ?

Post by tcwild »

Any idea who makes the expandable heads?
xcaliber

Re: Team Realtree Broadheads ?

Post by xcaliber »

China!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

tcwild wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:10 pm
Any idea who makes the expandable heads?
Allen co. Makes the fixed heads. Or imports them I suppose. Not sure about the expandable.

So... Ya. There's that .
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
tcwild

Post by tcwild »

Sounds right thanks just saw a sale ad for 3 packs priced 5 bucks. Thought about pickin up some if they might be worth a hoot.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I don't mean that as a slam, but remember, it's only a sale if you really need it! Over the last few years I have been very lucky to get another chance at life, and finally started giving away stuff I never will use. I am amazed at how much stuff I have accumulated over the years, and how much was what I thought was an unbelievable bargain. Now, I have decided to stick with what works that I used, or like no matter what the price. I think that the broadheads are the most important thing you should consider when buying. Not where they are made primarily, but the end quality of them. Their ability to hit where you aim, and quickly dispatch your quarry. I love a bargain, don't get me wrong. After Christmas I hit all the Walmarts in my area for Triple 7 powder, and TC XTP sabots, I also watch all the gun shops, and go to two gun shows locally for ammo. I only buy what I always use, period. If those heads have great reviews, or you know someone that uses them with good results, by all means snatch them up. But if you buy them & don't ever use them, you just tossed that money. I toss a few bucks at the lottery, the rest I try to spend wisely these days! :wink:
tcwild

Post by tcwild »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:59 am
I don't mean that as a slam, but remember, it's only a sale if you really need it! Over the last few years I have been very lucky to get another chance at life, and finally started giving away stuff I never will use. I am amazed at how much stuff I have accumulated over the years, and how much was what I thought was an unbelievable bargain. Now, I have decided to stick with what works that I used, or like no matter what the price. I think that the broadheads are the most important thing you should consider when buying. Not where they are made primarily, but the end quality of them. Their ability to hit where you aim, and quickly dispatch your quarry. I love a bargain, don't get me wrong. After Christmas I hit all the Walmarts in my area for Triple 7 powder, and TC XTP sabots, I also watch all the gun shops, and go to two gun shows locally for ammo. I only buy what I always use, period. If those heads have great reviews, or you know someone that uses them with good results, by all means snatch them up. But if you buy them & don't ever use them, you just tossed that money. I toss a few bucks at the lottery, the rest I try to spend wisely these days! :wink:
I hear ya I definitely DON'T need them, more curious than anything. Last year I'd seen some Mossy Oak Slick Tricks dirt cheap so wondered if this might be same kind of deal. You are right I need to save my pennies those Walmart clearance sales ought to be starting just after first of year. :eusa-dance:
janesy

Post by janesy »

So retail point of view here.
Walmart is the king of merchandising, retailing and more importantly, purchasing. There are three fundamental reasons for a sale on an item.

1) allows the retailer to purchase low and sell high, before or after the sale. The "sale" is irrelevant, or a "loss-leader"
2) increase customer/basket count and or drive traffic
3) clear slow/old stock

When Walmart puts something on clearance it's for two reasons. The item either doesn't sell fast enough to justify the square footage it takes up on the floor OR the return to sale ratio is too high.

Given the quality of items typically found on a Walmart shelf, if it's on a clearance, most often it's a failure retail wise. Which more often than not, suggests it's not a great product to begin with. Walmart is not know for offering high quality specialized items. Of course this is not always the case, items get discontinued, bought out, repackaged. There are lots of other reasons, but those are not typical to Walmart. (Hence their excellent purchasing prowess)

So, it's very easy to get sucked into the "Walmart mentality" that you need it because it so cheap. But that's their entire marketing plan working to get your dollar without you thinking you actually gave it up. Nothing like feeling like you scored big to make you come back for more :)
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
tcwild

Post by tcwild »

I don't do much walmart shopping but when I can get my muzzleloader powder for less than 1/2 price of anywhere else, I'm in. Found abunch of real good steel shotshells last year and between their clearance price and a rebate I found I can't pass up 3" Drylocks for 6 bucks a box. :thumbup:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

tcwild wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:27 pm
I don't do much walmart shopping but when I can get my muzzleloader powder for less than 1/2 price of anywhere else, I'm in. Found abunch of real good steel shotshells last year and between their clearance price and a rebate I found I can't pass up 3" Drylocks for 6 bucks a box. :thumbup:
That’s what I’m talking about! :thumbup: