Good news for Quebec hunters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ihunt

Good news for Quebec hunters

Post by ihunt »

I live win Quebec and turkey hunting has exploded the last couple of years. Quebec wildlife announced starting the 2020 Turkey season there will be two hunting seasons one in spring and one in the fall!!! We will be allowed two in spring and one in fall and during the fall we are allow use a pointer or flusher dog to help with the hunt.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Timbrhuntr

Re: Good news for Quebec hunters

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Thats awesome what is the fall season dates? Will it be around thanksgiving so you can get a wild bird for dinner ? :D

Its good to here that some areas are getting higher numbers as in most of the states I hunt they are talking about reduced numbers and reduced seasons. I see this coming year that Kansas is reducing the fall hunt and the spring bag limit to one gobbler in most areas. :cry:
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

Great news for you all. Good Hunting!!
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X2!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:49 am
Thats awesome what is the fall season dates? Will it be around thanksgiving so you can get a wild bird for dinner ? :D

Fall season depending in which zone mine is from October 24, 2020 to October 30, 2020.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
janesy

Post by janesy »

ihunt wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:52 pm
Timbrhuntr wrote:

Fall season depending in which zone mine is from October 24, 2020 to October 30, 2020.
They did something like for us in Ont. Then after a couple years they opened it to the full month, with gun/bow for the first half and then bow only for the second half.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

ihunt wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:52 pm
Timbrhuntr wrote:

Bummer for Canadian Thanksgiving but still good for the U.S. :wink:

I have been fall hunting turkey for about 15 years lots of fun for sure. I got a nice tom this fall in Michigan enjoy.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Just wondering is Turkey hunting in the fall the same process as spring?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

ihunt wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:22 pm
Depends if you are targeting hens and jennies or old toms. I have had toms come in on a string like in the spring but mostly they are tough to hunt in the fall. As far as hens (mixed group) if you can break a flock it can be fun setting up at the break and calling in the flock with boss hen yelps. If you can gobbler yelp sometimes you can get toms to do the same from a break but its tougher. Most rely on good scouting in the fall and setting up where they roost or travel. If you get on a flock you will hear just about every call a wild turkey will make and its fun to imitate and work on your calls. If you have a jake decoy sometimes you can get a group of male birds to come and attack it sometimes ! Others just sit in their deer stand and hope a bird will come by lol
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:31 pm
ihunt wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:22 pm
Depends if you are targeting hens and jennies or old toms. I have had toms come in on a string like in the spring but mostly they are tough to hunt in the fall. As far as hens (mixed group) if you can break a flock it can be fun setting up at the break and calling in the flock with boss hen yelps. If you can gobbler yelp sometimes you can get toms to do the same from a break but its tougher. Most rely on good scouting in the fall and setting up where they roost or travel. If you get on a flock you will hear just about every call a wild turkey will make and its fun to imitate and work on your calls. If you have a jake decoy sometimes you can get a group of male birds to come and attack it sometimes ! Others just sit in their deer stand and hope a bird will come by lol
Thanks that helps alot.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

First time I hunted birds in the fall I went in before dark and sat right in the middle of about 50 birds of various types (hens, jennies and jakes ) I could not believe the noise they made when waking up in the morning ! I was then able to break them up and call back a couple. It was neat hearing all the birds peeping yelping and kee keeing as they were trying to regroup.

I would add there is another way to hunt. If you can find the roost at dark and can get the birds to bust off the roost then you can go back in the am and see how eager the birds are to get with each other after a long night alone.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:54 am
First time I hunted birds in the fall I went in before dark and sat right in the middle of about 50 birds of various types (hens, jennies and jakes ) I could not believe the noise they made when waking up in the morning ! I was then able to break them up and call back a couple. It was neat hearing all the birds peeping yelping and kee keeing as they were trying to regroup.

I would add there is another way to hunt. If you can find the roost at dark and can get the birds to bust off the roost then you can go back in the am and see how eager the birds are to get with each other after a long night alone.
Ooh I like that the other way to hunt.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers