Oklahoma Deer Management

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post Reply
ko4nrbs
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: NE Oklahoma

Oklahoma Deer Management

Post by ko4nrbs » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:11 am

Even with all the crossbows in the woods we still have a very good deer population.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tulsaworld.com/sports/kelly-bostian-it-s-time-to-speak-up-if-a/article_082d3cea-cfaf-514d-abf1-a7f79fa7e73a.amp.html

Archery Limit- 2 Antlered and 4 Anterless.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35

xcaliber
Posts: 11370
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: NW Indiana

Re: Oklahoma Deer Management

Post by xcaliber » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:46 am

That's a good amount of tags, and two bucks, sweet! Indiana is still one buck only, but very liberal with antler less tags.
Matrix 380 (Max) Nikon P3 / TT / SWAT A-4 Mini Heads
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3 / SWAT A-4 Mini Heads
Vortex (Kix) Nikon P3 / TT / Bigfoot / SWAT Hybrid Heads

User avatar
ihunt
Posts: 648
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:30 am
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Oklahoma Deer Management

Post by ihunt » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:00 pm

ko4nrbs wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:11 am

Archery Limit- 2 Antlered and 4 Anterless.

Bill
That’s one heck of a limit or should I say limits!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers

ko4nrbs
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: NE Oklahoma

Re: Oklahoma Deer Management

Post by ko4nrbs » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:02 pm

ihunt wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:00 pm
ko4nrbs wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:11 am

Archery Limit- 2 Antlered and 4 Anterless.

Bill
That’s one heck of a limit or should I say limits!
I usually get 5 every year. Does and anterless (horns 3 inches or less are classified as anterless). Got a real nice 7 point last year, 2 does and 2 anterless.

Landowner gets 2 deer and the others are given to two different needy families. The breadwinners are all disabled. Not moochers just on hard times. Their kids are always glad to see me!!


Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35

User avatar
Carnivorous
Posts: 3190
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:56 pm
Location: Belleriver Ontario

Re: Oklahoma Deer Management

Post by Carnivorous » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 pm

ko4nrbs wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:02 pm
ihunt wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:00 pm
ko4nrbs wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:11 am

Archery Limit- 2 Antlered and 4 Anterless.

Bill
That’s one heck of a limit or should I say limits!
I usually get 5 every year. Does and anterless (horns 3 inches or less are classified as anterless). Got a real nice 7 point last year, 2 does and 2 anterless.

Landowner gets 2 deer and the others are given to two different needy families. The breadwinners are all disabled. Not moochers just on hard times. Their kids are always glad to see me!!


Bill
Your a good man Bill!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

papa bear1
Posts: 1320
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:30 am
Location: southwest missouri in the ozarks

Re: Oklahoma Deer Management

Post by papa bear1 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:53 am

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 pm
ko4nrbs wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:02 pm
ihunt wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:00 pm


That’s one heck of a limit or should I say limits!
I usually get 5 every year. Does and anterless (horns 3 inches or less are classified as anterless). Got a real nice 7 point last year, 2 does and 2 anterless.

Landowner gets 2 deer and the others are given to two different needy families. The breadwinners are all disabled. Not moochers just on hard times. Their kids are always glad to see me!!


Bill
Your a good man Bill!!
X 2 , A real sportsman :eusa-clap:

Dave :thumbup:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings

ko4nrbs
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: NE Oklahoma

Re: Oklahoma Deer Management

Post by ko4nrbs » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:19 am

Thank you for the kind words!! What I am doing enriches my soul so I’m not going unrewarded.
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35

User avatar
AJ01
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:09 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!

Re: Oklahoma Deer Management

Post by AJ01 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:58 am

ko4nrbs wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:19 am
Thank you for the kind words!! What I am doing enriches my soul so I’m not going unrewarded.
Bill
[/quote

You're a GOOD man Bill :angel: :angel: !!
Merry Christmas!

AJ
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be cause we destroyed ourselves".
Howdy from Deep within the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :wave:
Just make mine an Excalibur!!
AJ :mrgreen:

Ontario Savage
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:17 pm
Location: Southern Ontari-owe

Re: Oklahoma Deer Management

Post by Ontario Savage » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:45 am

I also heard somewhere Oklahoma last year was the state with the most 200+ inch bucks shot...I dont even score my deer and dont really care about that stuff.. but regardless you guys are doing something right down there!

Timbrhuntr
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: Oklahoma Deer Management

Post by Timbrhuntr » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:52 am

Ontario Savage wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:45 am
I also heard somewhere Oklahoma last year was the state with the most 200+ inch bucks shot...I dont even score my deer and dont really care about that stuff.. but regardless you guys are doing something right down there!
Well thats gonna suck then ! lol
I hunted Kansas and Kentucky before the word started to get out and now its getting crazy hope that doesn't happen to you unless it already has.

Good to hear that there are lots of deer though that and dropping hunter numbers is probably the main reason that we can use our crossbows in archery season now :mrgreen:

Post Reply