WHY IS IT.......?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

WHY IS IT.......?

Post by amythntr »

.....that after every hunting season I commit to getting out more and if someone said no you're not I would get into an argument with them :evil: ..... Then,

.....every season comes and I only get out two or three times and am OK with it because I made the choice! :eusa-doh:

Anthony :(
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Re: WHY IS IT.......?

Post by xcaliber »

I get the end of season blues whether I get a deer or more every year. I also make the same statement every year that I’m going to save vacation time, etc. Then I get back into life’s commitments and before you know it spring is here and I start hitting the range. It’s a cycle Anthony, just enjoy the time you do get out, and the time with family and friends. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I always say that about this time of year. I'm going to 'get out more after Thanksgiving'. Then early December comes around and my hunting area looks like a barren wasteland. You can see every leafless inch of it from one spot. Sitting in a tree I look like a lollipop on a stick due to lack of cover. Then it's also crazy cold and no deer are around. The trips end up short, infrequent or not happening.

Time to go check the trail cameras while carrying my rifle. I'll call it hunting just so it counts. :lol:
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

I go as often as I can. It’s what I do during deer season. Always feel guilty if I just sleep in so I drag myself out of bed and go hunting.

In my climbing tree stand now. Been here since a little after 6. Was super foggy this morning but I went ahead anyway. Was about 29 deg F.

Nothing seen yet so will probably head home in a couple hours.

Never know what may show up!!

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

This was an odd year for me.

First hunt filled tag one on a big fat doe! :)

Party hunted the Muzzelod season with a good friend. He filled my second tag on a basket rack buck. Lol

Done!

Very little time spent hunting. :(

Next season I will have more vacation time to bow hunt and will definately take my time and not tag out so soon!!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

Definitely rings a bell with me. I'm retired and have some health issues so it can be pretty easy to shut off my alarm and go back to sleep. I do that on rare occasions when I am sicker than heck but then get up mad at myself and go out late. Ended up only missing a handful of days this past season so in truth hunted at least 60 days and more like 70 but some were less than dark to dark days. For me, the time in the woods is very therapeutic, at least mentally, so my wife gently encourages me to get out there. Passed a lot of bucks in the past 2 years and even more does so the kill part is not any measure of success for me and not sure when or even if I will kill any more deer but have no intentions of quitting. I even announced to my camp buddies that I am going to 'hunt' more casually and with a camera and they just laugh at me. They know that I will be out there armed to kill regardless of whether I choose to pull the trigger or not.

It's a personal thing, if you feel OK sleeping in, no problem. If you feel guilty about not being there when the woods wake up, get off your butt and go. Be true to yourself. :thumbup: ...
Boo

Post by Boo »

Anthony, sit down and negotiate a number of days that she will accept. When you run out of the alotted time, then she can give you a hard time!
Karin encourages me to go out as well as put out an effort to develop the properties we own. I am really looking forward to spending time making these properties more productive. I think that will be a big part of the fun this summer. Go buy some land Anthony! Check out the shed that was found in the property that I will be putting work into.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:35 pm
Anthony, sit down and negotiate a number of days that she will accept. When you run out of the alotted time, then she can give you a hard time!
Karin encourages me to go out as well as put out an effort to develop the properties we own. I am really looking forward to spending time making these properties more productive. I think that will be a big part of the fun this summer. Go buy some land Anthony! Check out the shed that was found in the property that I will be putting work into.
....Don, it's not her it's me.....by the way, that is the weirdest looking zucchini I have ever seen :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

The biggest buck I have killed was a day I almost just went back to sleep. Was getting discouraged at not seeing any deer and was just plain wore out.

Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Boo

Post by Boo »

Anthony, I understand now. I still say buy a good piece of land and have fun developing it and hunting on it. I think if you put some work into a property and see some decent bucks in your cams, it will get the juices flowing.
I have some cultivating and tree planting to do at one place. At the other place, trees have been dropped to form a 1/2 acre opening and those downed trees have to be dealt with as well as some planting. I am finding the site prep very interesting, as well as seeing the bucks of course.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Mighty fine shed Don, hope you get a chance on him next fall!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Boo wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:39 pm
Anthony, I understand now. I still say buy a good piece of land and have fun developing it and hunting on it. I think if you put some work into a property and see some decent bucks in your cams, it will get the juices flowing.
I have some cultivating and tree planting to do at one place. At the other place, trees have been dropped to form a 1/2 acre opening and those downed trees have to be dealt with as well as some planting. I am finding the site prep very interesting, as well as seeing the bucks of course.

Don,
you have that spot on :!: working to improve your own land and seeing the results is 50% of the fun! been doing it myself for about 20 years and love it, even with my physical impairments i have improved mine, so it does not even take doing major projects to the land
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I hunted over 65 evenings this year .l get working an hour early but leave an hour early but totally work thru my lunch. I'm self employed....no paid vacation time
I didn't harvest a buck of a lifetime but l enjoyed every evening.
You simply have to make time to do it. My near death experience in February made it even easier to find the time.
Last edited by longbow joe on Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:45 pm
I hunted over 65 evenings this year .l get working an hour early but leave an hour early but totally work thru my lunch.
I didn't harvest a buck of a lifetime but l enjoyed every evening.
You simply have to make time to do it. My near death experience in February made it even easier to find the time.
Now that’s a real outdoorsman!!
Bill
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Years back we literally had only a handful of deer around here so good deer hunting was an hour drive and it definitely cut down on hunting time but now the deer are everywhere lt. Makes hunting less of a strategy making time to hunt more doable
When l worked for a small company l took my vacation a hour a day rather than 2 weeks it made October and November evening hunts great.
The small company did not miss me for the 2 weeks in one dose and l got a ton of evening hunts .
There's always a way if you try.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.