Christmas Day Family Traditions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Christmas Day Family Traditions

Post by Doe Master »

Because we all come from different parts of the world thought it might be interesting .
In our household since I can remember we have a cold pork pie . The tradition comes from my Moms side of the family . It is such a deeply entrenched tradition on that side that my cousins post pictures of the process on Facebook since my Uncle passed . On Boxing day my brother waits for his pork pie to be the first thing to come in for Christmas gathering . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Deaf jeff

Re: Christmas Day Family Traditions

Post by Deaf jeff »

my family tradition is a big get together on Christmas eve so for myself my tradition is hunting as long as snow depth permits and that it the case this year and will spend a few hours in the blind this afternoon :thumbup:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... our traditions have waned since almost all of the older generation is gone.... the ones that remain (my mother and father) are holding on by a string!

...... we went out for dinner last night which became a major production because my mother and father’s medical conditions....
The situation next year might be markedly different!

.....in any event the next generation has begun to step up (us and our children).....

..... there are lots of memories of Christmas past and hopefully many more of Christmas future!

Merry Christmas to all!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Well two come to mind... As far as eats, in the south we don't do stuffing much but rather "dressin'". Its basically stuffing made in a big pan rather than in the bird. I think at one time the po' folks in the south didn't have a bird, but had cornbread so they just fancied it a bit for special days. You can put pretty much the ( room with the appliances in it) sink in it or be pretty simple to your taste. "Dressin'" ( no G) is a big deal at our house anyway.
Other thing, and this is sad in a way, My oldest sister had a LOT of kids! You are going to think that I'm pullin' ( again no G) your leg, but she birthed 6 and adopted 18 more! Yep, 24 called her mom! Well, when they were all young, I HATED going over there at Christmas. It was like a bomb went off in a wrappin' paper factory! Mass confusion and chaos! After they got grown, Christmas at my sisters was one of my fave things all year. All the kiddos and their spouses and their kiddos, was a wonderful time. Well, now they are grown enough that they have moved off, have their own lives, and families, and careers, and we don't have the huge family get together. Derned if I don't miss all the chaos. Never knew what was going to happen.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Had a great Christmas went out to dinner last night then church ,stayed up late but slept late too. Opened and exchanged gifts got some nice gifts and gift cards ....now its 8.45 pm and l just want the company to ... GO HOME! !!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously they have no worries about getting up for work tomorrow but l do
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Post by janesy »

We are in between traditions currently. My wife and I are both products of divorced families. Which is good, because both of our parents have all met and married or been with for decades their "new" spouse and are all way happier for it. Which means we have 4 Christmas'. Which was never a problem, however with a 5 and 3 year old, it becomes difficult. You'd think the glow wouldn't wear off, but after 2 Christmas's back to back they have had enough. They are exhausted, and it's not fair for the sets of grandparents who get the tired cranky kids on Christmas #4.
At this stage, all 4 of our parents are doing their own thing, and it's time now that we all do to. But everyone is holding on to the last little bit.

So to help work out some stressors my wife and I did a lot of the cooking and smoked the bird to bring to dinner so my mother didn't have to cook for days. It was fun, everyone had a great day.

In the next couple years we will get the flow settled and things will be great.

Doesn't help I work retail. And anyone in retail knows December sucks the life blood from you. :lol:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

used to have christmas eve at moms in evening, me and my 5 sisters families, but now we have a small dinner at our house, then to my sons inlaws for christmas evening with finger foods, and their political opinions, then one of my sons live in san francisco, would like to have dinner with them next year, Oh yeah, oyster dressing is a must for me! wife usually makes a separate pan from to eat all week. :clap:
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:18 pm
Well two come to mind... As far as eats, in the south we don't do stuffing much but rather "dressin'". Its basically stuffing made in a big pan rather than in the bird. I think at one time the po' folks in the south didn't have a bird, but had cornbread so they just fancied it a bit for special days. You can put pretty much the ( room with the appliances in it) sink in it or be pretty simple to your taste. "Dressin'" ( no G) is a big deal at our house anyway.
Other thing, and this is sad in a way, My oldest sister had a LOT of kids! You are going to think that I'm pullin' ( again no G) your leg, but she birthed 6 and adopted 18 more! Yep, 24 called her mom! Well, when they were all young, I HATED going over there at Christmas. It was like a bomb went off in a wrappin' paper factory! Mass confusion and chaos! After they got grown, Christmas at my sisters was one of my fave things all year. All the kiddos and their spouses and their kiddos, was a wonderful time. Well, now they are grown enough that they have moved off, have their own lives, and families, and careers, and we don't have the huge family get together. Derned if I don't miss all the chaos. Never knew what was going to happen.
Paul, when you sit back and think of it, you gotta be proud of your sister for what she did for those kids! Personally, I'd relish the chaos, as long as it was in someone else's house!

In the old days, we would all go over to my outlaws' home. There a big arse Balsam Fir would be illuminated with real candles :wtf: and we'd sing "Oh Tanembaum " songs. "No Uber Alles" though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:29 am
flightattendant100 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:18 pm
Paul, when you sit back and think of it, you gotta be proud of your sister for what she did for those kids! Personally, I'd relish the chaos, as long as it was in someone else's house!

In the old days, we would all go over to my outlaws' home. There a big arse Balsam Fir would be illuminated with real candles :wtf: and we'd sing "Oh Tanembaum " songs. "No Uber Alles" though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don, yes my sister was quite a lady. Most of the kiddos realize what good people she and my Brother in law, were and what great sacrifices they made for them. She was proud of all of them.