That's a wrap for 2019

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

That's a wrap for 2019

Post by Carnivorous »

Well the Ontario 2019 Deer season just ended in my time zone! :(

Good times were had and the freezers in pretty good shape. :)

I have many good things coming up in 2020 so I will be looking forward to more bow hunting opportunities.

The plan for 2020 deer hunting with the bow is to make sure I save 5 days vacation so I will have time to hunt and not feel rushed to shoot the first deer I see! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
hunter with MS

Re: That's a wrap for 2019

Post by hunter with MS »

My season ended today also did not get out much .
SEW

Post by SEW »

Sorry, we’re down to 60 days left in Arkansas. But antlers will soon be dropping.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Mine finished December 15th. I have a tag, but freezer is full! I was very blessed this season.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
mattones

Post by mattones »

Filled my tag but everyone I hunt with has theirs... either didn’t see one or had a fail opportunity. It was a strange year
08 Diamond Justice
2015 Micro 335 -Custom Flemish String-Lumonzombies
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

i am also done, worst season ever in my 40+years of hunting, seen 6 deer since october 1 :shock: :thumbdown: .. 3 tag sandwhiches coming my way,
last fall i seen deer almost every time out
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Season is a wrap for me on January 5th. Was indeed, a some have stated, a "slow season". weather here has been a huge factor. I think we've had a total of 5 days below the 40 mark, much less freezing. Hardly any sign of rut activity. Saw one buck ALL season actually acting interested in a doe.
It cost him dearly! :D
It's time to move on to hogs and exotics. :thumbup:
It's nice to be in Texas!! :lol: :eusa-dance: :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Deaf jeff wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:50 pm
i am also done, worst season ever in my 40+years of hunting, seen 6 deer since october 1 :shock: :thumbdown: .. 3 tag sandwhiches coming my way,
Hey Jeff...I feel ya, (as the younger generation would say)! Those "tag sandwiches" have no flavor whatsoever!! And they're a little tough to chew! Hope fishing goes a LOT better!!

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Deaf jeff wrote:
Funny year for me also in Michigan I usually pass on several bucks when I go there looking for a good one and see many does. This year in a seven day hunt I never saw one deer. But on the positive side I saw a bunch of turkeys.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:13 pm
Deaf jeff wrote:
Funny year for me also in Michigan I usually pass on several bucks when I go there looking for a good one and see many does. This year in a seven day hunt I never saw one deer. But on the positive side I saw a bunch of turkeys.

seen very few turkeys as well. which area do you hunt? i live/hunt in the tip of the mitt, north of gaylord
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Deaf jeff wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:08 am
Timbrhuntr wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:13 pm
Deaf jeff wrote:

seen very few turkeys as well. which area do you hunt? i live/hunt in the tip of the mitt, north of gaylord
I used to hunt in Osceola county but the last few years I have been in Lenawee county !