Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Ok its Jan 1st and I'm already bored so starting to look towards this year already :think:

I will no doubt head back to Kansas, Nebraska, Montana, Wyoming, Michigan and of course Ontario for spring turkey. For the fall likely Montana for mule deer and antelope and maybe if lucky finally get an elk tag. Then Nebraska for mule deer and antelope, no Kansas or kentucky this year for whitetail but may cash in my Iowa points and head there for a couple weeks. I almost like the planning as much as the hunting almost. Anybody else already ready to get onto 2020 hunt planning lol :crazy:
DuckHunt

Re: 2020

Post by DuckHunt »

Yep, the wheels are turning. Our duck hunting has been on a downward decline for a few years, so I've decided to forego that hell week this year. But, it also happens to occur during some great rut action in Arkansas. I may end up going back that same week and bow hunting for some big river bottom whitetails instead.

My wife wants to buy me a hog hunt for my birthday in early spring. I've been looking around at a few places down south to get into some hogs. The night hunting with thermal optics sounds like a blast.

Of course I'll still have to make a late summer trip back to Arkansas to get into some bass, dove, squirrels and catfish.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I’m going to start turkey hunting this spring and have a lot to do and learn so I’ll stay busy. Going to start cooking more as well trying new techniques and recipes. Been doing this for a while now but keep trying this and that. Boat comes out in May, and that keeps me busy too.
All good! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Here in Az. We are already trying to decide on the fall draw for elk and antelope. Regs just came out online last week.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Never been to Arizona but have an acquaintance that has. for mule deer archery and I believe it was in January ? Seems like everything is getting to be limited draws anymore!
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

In Ontario archery moose hunting opportunities are expanding for 2020. The gun draws are very congested and they’re hoping to convert some hunters to the archery draws. I apply for archery moose every year but can’t wait to see the new draws for 2020 this spring and get planning.
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
janesy

Post by janesy »

evaughan wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:05 am
In Ontario archery moose hunting opportunities are expanding for 2020. The gun draws are very congested and they’re hoping to convert some hunters to the archery draws. I apply for archery moose every year but can’t wait to see the new draws for 2020 this spring and get planning.
I'd be happy to see that as well
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

:( :( :( :( :( :(

"No hunting we will go" to far away places for me! :thumbdown:

Anthony :cry:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

evaughan wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:05 am
I stopped bow hunting moose over 10 years ago with the way the MNR was screwing up probably the best moose hunting anywhere and I can't see them fixing anything now ! But for you guys sake I hope I'm wrong.
janesy

Post by janesy »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:40 am
:( :( :( :( :( :(

"No hunting we will go" to far away places for me! :thumbdown:

Anthony :cry:
Not with that attitude mister. (Me neither tho :( )
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Travelling is state of mind! ( If I had one, that is :wtf:) If I wanna hunt Javelina, Elk or Aoudad in West Texas, it's roughly a 700 mile one-way trip from my place in East Texas. Hunt for Pheasants, Pronghorn or Mule Deer in the Texas Panhandle? 450 miles one-way. Snow Geese on the rice prairies around Eagle Lake, 300 miles one-way. Fishing in the Gulf, about 250 just to get to Galveston Island. Don't even mention South Padre Island!!!
Thank GOD Texas is covered with a lot of places to hunt Whitetails and Exotics that are low-fenced free range animals!!
You just better have a THICK wallet!!! :lol:

It's closer for me to Hunt Arkansas, Oklahoma or Louisiana than most of Texas!! :think: Plus Oklahoma and Arkansas have Black Bear seasons! :thumbup:
It's closer to Denver than to El Paso for me! Live in Texas? Better like to drive!! :eusa-doh:

Looking forward to 2020!!

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I had a buddy in Texas that I hunted turkey on his lease. 100 bucks for 4 rio's pretty tough to beat that low price for a turkey licence and he charged me a small fee for his utilities while I was there for a week . He actually offered me to join his lease year round for 1200 bucks for the time I couldn't really travel there evey year so I said no :cry: I was asking around here for a turkey hunt and most guys wanted 250 bucks a day just to hunt a turkey not including the licences !!!
I live in Ontario and its less of a drive to Florida than to Northern Ontario to hunt moose ! I am lucky and have several places I can go out west and hunt for just tresspass fees so I don't complain too much about the drive. :D
janesy

Post by janesy »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:15 am
I had a buddy in Texas that I hunted turkey on his lease. 100 bucks for 4 rio's pretty tough to beat that low price for a turkey licence and he charged me a small fee for his utilities while I was there for a week . He actually offered me to join his lease year round for 1200 bucks for the time I couldn't really travel there evey year so I said no :cry: I was asking around here for a turkey hunt and most guys wanted 250 bucks a day just to hunt a turkey not including the licences !!!
I live in Ontario and its less of a drive to Florida than to Northern Ontario to hunt moose ! I am lucky and have several places I can go out west and hunt for just tresspass fees so I don't complain too much about the drive. :D
Not to mention those Florida Moose are the size of a hungry German Shepherd and nearly impossible to find :lol:
Last edited by janesy on Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Actually there aren’t any moose in Florida ! :roll:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:13 pm