Wild Turkey Recognized in New Brunswick

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

Wild Turkey Recognized in New Brunswick

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Very excited wild turkeys have been in New Brunswick for several years now. They have now been added to the official NB species list. Keeping my fingers crossed that I might be able to Turkey Hunt in NB before too long.
Wayne
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/new-resource-development-minister-wild-turkey-hunt-1.4907486
Timbrhuntr

Re: Wild Turkey Recognized in New Brunswick

Post by Timbrhuntr »

They been hunting them in Maine for a while maybe !
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Fingers crossed for ya. If it does you’ll have lots of fun!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Just thinking I bet they will want non-residents to hunt with a guide like bear hunting :crazy:
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:57 pm
They been hunting them in Maine for a while maybe !
Yes very true. Several folks cross the border to Maine for the spring hunt every year.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

ihunt wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:06 pm
Fingers crossed for ya. If it does you’ll have lots of fun!
Yes sir been wanting to hunt turkey for years.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:27 pm
Just thinking I bet they will want non-residents to hunt with a guide like bear hunting :crazy:
Yes this is true. I believe the outfitters push to make guides mandatory. I hold a guide 1 and guide 2 licenses. Guide 2 can guide 1 hunter or fisher person no fees. This is for guiding family and or friends. I’ve been guiding family and friends this way for years.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 am
Timbrhuntr wrote:
Yes this is true. I believe the outfitters push to make guides mandatory. I hold a guide 1 and guide 2 licenses. Guide 2 can guide 1 hunter or fisher person no fees. This is for guiding family and or friends. I’ve been guiding family and friends this way for years.
Hey buddy, did you get my Christmas card this year? :eusa-dance:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Ya that guide thing sucks. My nephew invites me every spring to hunt bears but he doesn't have the time or interest to get the guide license or be able to guide me. He has several 400 pounders on cam every spring too ! I guess the DNR in NB thinks all non-residents are poachers when actually its my 2 brothers in law that live there lol
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

janesy wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:26 am
Stepnoutnb wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 am
Timbrhuntr wrote:
Hey buddy, did you get my Christmas card this year? :eusa-dance:
Lol I have a long list of friends and relatives I never new I had.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:10 pm
Ya that guide thing sucks. My nephew invites me every spring to hunt bears but he doesn't have the time or interest to get the guide license or be able to guide me. He has several 400 pounders on cam every spring too ! I guess the DNR in NB thinks all non-residents are poachers when actually its my 2 brothers in law that live there lol
Very simple to get a guide 2 in NB. The nephew should look into it. He just needs to make an appointment with DNR write a small test (general knowledge of the game laws, fishing and hunting and wildlife)
Another thing! Anyone born in NB and now living in a different part of Canada can buy a resident hunting/fishing license IF THEY OWN PROPERTY IN THE PROVINCE. They just have to show proof by way of a property tax bill.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:58 pm
Timbrhuntr wrote:
Very simple to get a guide 2 in NB. The nephew should look into it. He just needs to make an appointment with DNR write a small test (general knowledge of the game laws, fishing and hunting and wildlife)
Another thing! Anyone born in NB and now living in a different part of Canada can buy a resident hunting/fishing license IF THEY OWN PROPERTY IN THE PROVINCE. They just have to show proof by way of a property tax bill.
I don't want to hijack your thread but even if he did get the guide license it would be worthless as he can't be in the woods with me during the spring. He has cams out but rarely gets to hunt thats why he invited me to come and try and get one. Plus he can't hunt while so called guiding !!
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:47 am
Stepnoutnb wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:58 pm
Timbrhuntr wrote:
I don't want to hijack your thread but even if he did get the guide license it would be worthless as he can't be in the woods with me during the spring. He has cams out but rarely gets to hunt thats why he invited me to come and try and get one. Plus he can't hunt while so called guiding !!
For clarification Yes he can hunt using the guide 2 as long as no money is exchanged. Guide 2 license to accompany is to allow a resident New Brunswicker to guide one (1) nonresident hunter or fisher. The guide 2 can hunt or fish while guiding that 1 person. I’ve been doing for years. Bellow I am attaching a description of a guide 2 requirement in NB. Taken from the NB DNR WEBSITE
I hope you can geter done
Overview
As a general rule, the NB Fish and Wildlife Act requires that non-residents must be accompanied by a licensed guide to hunt game species or to fish for Atlantic Salmon. The Guide II Licence (Licence to Accompany) is designed for those who wish to provide a no-fee or no-reward guiding service to a visiting non-resident friend or relative.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I read the act just to see and found this very interesting. I believed that they want a guide because they view all NRs to be potential poachers but they claim its to enhance a NRs experience then I read this "After all, the
legal requirement for non-residents to be accompanied by a guide
when hunting or angling in the province exists in large part in order to
prevent offences by non-residents. " and I was right now have even less interest in hunting in NB.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:36 pm
I read the act just to see and found this very interesting. I believed that they want a guide because they view all NRs to be potential poachers but they claim its to enhance a NRs experience then I read this "After all, the
legal requirement for non-residents to be accompanied by a guide
when hunting or angling in the province exists in large part in order to
prevent offences by non-residents. " and I was right now have even less interest in hunting in NB.
Wow so sorry you feel that way! If you don’t mind please send me or pm me the information where you feel the act refers to or alludes to non-residents as potential poachers. I will definitely get in touch with the DNR and our Minister of Natural Resources for a discussion. I still believe the New Brunswick Outfitter Association strongly lobbies the provincial government to keep the guide requirements in place to promote employment.