Busted/Broke Swhacker 150g Broadhead.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

Re: Busted/Broke Swhacker 150g Broadhead.

Post by AJ01 »

janesy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:43 pm
Don't take this the wrong way, but if that arrow hit shoulder and broke off the insert and Broadhead. That's not an equiptment failure. That's the result of bad luck, bad shot placement, or both .
Who knows, if he moved at the same instant the trigger was pulled, twig in the way.

Hopefully he survives and you can get him next year and follow up.

But that provides an opportunity for a great lesson, never use your fist to separate hide on wild game when you are skinning. You never know what's left hiding in there
[/quote

I had a buck show up toward the latter part of December with what appears to be a scar on the shoulder on the side I took the shot on. I'm pretty sure, no, dang sure, it's the same buck.
He looks pretty healthy. So I figure he survived my stupidity! :roll:

And no offense taken. :) I knew when I didn't find him laying 50 yards down the right-of-way, that I had made a bad shot. I've replayed that scene over and over in my mind. You live and learn. And if you're lucky, you get to play the game again before all the sand runs out of your hour glass.

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
catclr

Re: Busted/Broke Swhacker 150g Broadhead.

Post by catclr »

Here are a couple videos to watch that might help explain what happens when shooting expandable broadheads on quartering shots.

Links----https://bit.ly/37ICizx
https://bit.ly/37H4Lpt

Steve
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks