Bow Value?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Bow Value?

Post by IronNoggin »

Hi Folks,

I was asked recently about the worth of an aluminum railed Ibex.
Since I don’t know, I thought where better to ask...
Here’s the Digs:
Any idea what my old Excal Ibex is worth? It's in great shape and has the older style aluminum rail, which I've heard is 'more' better! It comes with the original Vari zone scope, and a bunch of 'pointy shticks', BHs and field points.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
onebigskittle

Re: Bow Value?

Post by onebigskittle »

400-500 range. JMO any cheaper would be a steal.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I would ask what was stated, but the used bows are just being dumped lately. Matrix models going for like $300. and the like. If I wanted an aluminum rail Ibex I would offer around that price. JMHO.

Good luck1
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

A lot of the older bows are now holding a "nostalgia" value. A few years back they were being flogged for the matrix line. Now as mentioned, the matrix and some Bulldogs are being flogged on the market. Leaving buyer newer options. So of the bows I've seen on trading posts, it's a a situation of a "want" to buy for the old bows, so it's brought their value up a bit.
Then you have eBay that is constantly flogging them all
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I believe l paid 400 dollars for Anthony's little manco alluminum ibex .lt was without a scope but l got a case and a few extra items.
Of all my crossbows its probably the last one that l would get rid of .The smooth draw and thumb hole stock make it very accurate and a joy to shoot.For our Pennsylvania hunting a 300 fps bow is more than adequate
I shot thru a 200 pound buck lengthwise with that bow the first season l had it.
400 or 500 bucks is totally fair
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Aluminum rail Ibex crossbows are like a diamond in the ruff! I think $500.00 is a good price! Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Belive it or not I had the metal rail Ibex at one time! Lol

Shot my biggest archery buck with it. It was a great bow then Excalibur came out with the Matrix 355 and it went on to a new owner! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Thanks Folks! Appreciated! I will pass this good information along. :thumbup:

And just for the record, my first crossbow was a DU Ibex. Loved that thing!
But am even happier with the Matrix 380 these days...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Nog, I would also say somewhere between $400-500 dependent on the buyer. The Ibex was a great xbow I tried to buy a couple over the years after selling the Vortex that I had but they always sold before I could get one. When the Matrix line came out they're still my favorite line to date but it seems these xbows are going pretty cheap at times because of the new Micro series xbows. Good luck if you decide to sell someone will great a one.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

My Buddy wanted me to express a Very LOUD Thanks to all that replied here!

Your advice was as usual, bang on, and he very much appreciates that! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Matt
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Now that we're on the topic. I was wondering what would be a fair price for a Matrix 380 bare bow, either with a factory or TT trigger.
Has anyone come across any for sale? If so, what was the asking price?
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Just being honest we members know the value of these bows in the classified section.so a good deal...or steal is a little harder to find.
In my local craigslist l have purchased 1 used vortex really nice for 300 bucks. And a totally new in box vortex for 200 bucks. And a Phoenix with all kinds of accessories for 300. A matrix 380 for 250 that l sold for
Twice that.
You just have to keep looking and now after hunting season is the time for deals.
These people want the stupid ravins and rocket bows
The recurves are available for a bargain price if you be diligent and keep looking.
As a bonus local craigslist is usually a max hour drive and you can physically look at the bow and check tiller and signs of abuse before buying.
These people just want to unload the bow for quick cash a lot of times and that's when you charge in like a rutting buck and grab it.
Today there is an axiom metal rail for 250 that's a steal for sure
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Post by janesy »

ComfyBear wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:01 pm
Now that we're on the topic. I was wondering what would be a fair price for a Matrix 380 bare bow, either with a factory or TT trigger.
Has anyone come across any for sale? If so, what was the asking price?
My friend just sold one local, well hunted but in great shape. Full package for 600 canadian
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme