String Stars

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

colouredchameleon

String Stars

Post by colouredchameleon » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:42 am

Was Hoping or should say still waiting for Excalibur to add / offer String Stars as a separate item under Accessories - Silencers.
Rather ridiculous to have Crossbow Packages introduced with them install only to not make them available for purchase.
One of Excalibur's own selling points they promote which is suppose to make them stand out above the others is the ability to change the string on the go.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

janesy

Re: String Stars

Post by janesy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:00 pm

It's a buyer's market for those. I'm sure if you posted a wanted ad I'm sure you could get a life time supply pretty cheap
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Xtra Micro BD310 "Small-Fry"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:22 pm

janesy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:00 pm
It's a buyer's market for those. I'm sure if you posted a wanted ad I'm sure you could get a life time supply pretty cheap
You may be right .
Are you suggesting that Excalibur should depend on customers who decide not to install or remove theirs to serve as the source for replacements going forward.
I hope not!
I see it as dropping the ball when it comes to dotting your "i 's" and crossing your "t 's"
Especially when most of their Models include a package $$$ that comes with the Sound Damping System which includes String Stars then for some reason decided to not make string stars available for purchase after a person commits to the package upgrade.
Unless it is expected that a person needs to buy the complete sound damping system $$$ if they want to have a back up string with string stars installed.

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 pm

String stars are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of harvest is at hand.

W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:38 pm

I installed a set on a friends 380 and it took 2 shots and they where gone . they worked great for 2 shots and that was all . :lol:
W.M.

janesy

Post by janesy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:42 pm

colouredchameleon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:22 pm
janesy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:00 pm
You may be right .
Are you suggesting that Excalibur should depend on customers who decide not to install or remove theirs to serve as the source for replacements going forward.
I hope not!
I see it as dropping the ball when it comes to dotting your "i 's" and crossing your "t 's"
Especially when most of their Models include a package $$$ that comes with the Sound Damping System which includes String Stars then for some reason decided to not make string stars available for purchase after a person commits to the package upgrade.
Unless it is expected that a person needs to buy the complete sound damping system $$$ if they want to have a back up string with string stars installed.
No, I'm not depending on them to do that. That's ridiculous.
But I am realistic and understand retail, marketing and economics. They have clearly done the math and decided that since it cost more to card and package those items than what those items are worth, they won't be entertaining them for retail. Further, since 99% of the users of the string stars would probably never pay any retail amount for them, regardless of what they are priced at, even if they did do it, it would be a lost venture before it happened. Most retailers would see that and not stock them. It's supply and demand, they work together. But without demand, there will be no supply.

If you really want them, I'm sure you can call them and buy them.

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

curious

Post by curious » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:35 pm

They came on my bow with the silencing package. I changed my string and didn't notice any difference in noise when I put another standard string on without them.
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 string

colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Interesting
If true then what I have read so far it suggests they serve no purpose other than being cosmetic and have no affect on sound or performance.
May be they should discontinued .

bigbowman

Post by bigbowman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:32 pm

They are experienced with the use of them. They are simply trying to save you time, headaches and money! It seems you have your mind set already, so go google them and try for yourself. Good luck!
Matrix 355
Hawke XB1 1.5-5×32 SR Scope
18” Zombie Slayer Arrows
Muzzy HB Ti Broadheads

TrophyRidge XV525IR Scope
Zombie Slayer Arrows
NAP DoubleCross Broadheads

AJ01

Post by AJ01 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:32 pm

They came on the Micro Suppressor I have. Finally one of them "gave up the ghost" as they say. Removed the other. Couldn't tell any difference in sound.
However, I did replace them with a set of Bow Jax "Slip Jax" string silencers in the color purple. Why, cause it's my wife's favorite color!! :lol: :eusa-doh:
"No matter how big a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people"!! :eusa-deadhorse:
"Howdy" and Happy Hunting from the Heart of the East Texas Piney Woods!! :wave:
Micro Suppressor 355 :mrgreen:

janesy

Post by janesy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:14 pm

colouredchameleon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:19 pm
Interesting
If true then what I have read so far it suggests they serve no purpose other than being cosmetic and have no affect on sound or performance.
May be they should discontinued .
They walk a fine line, too much "stuff" and they loose speed and people get upset.

The string stars on their own probably do little to nothing. But when used in the whole kit, every little bit adds up, if they reduce even an extra DB than it's worth it... If you care.
But otherwise, most just think they slow the bow down too much and don't bother replacing them.

If I end up with a set, I'll send them your way no charge :thumbup:

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:56 pm

I think these are for looks only. There are better places to put added, or upgraded parts to get a return without speed loss. JMHO.
Matrix 330 (Xylia) Bushnell Trophy XLT / Single Stage Trigger Tech
Micro 355 (Jinx) Nikon Bolt XR. TT Single Stage Trigger
Matrix 380 (Max) Redfield Revenge / TT Single Stage Trigger
Axe 340 Kryptek (Axe) Nikon P3 Will be completed 8-31-19

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:18 am

[url=https://postimg.cc/KRt6ZjK9]Image[
They all jeer and poke fun of my 4
feet per second loss of speed with big cat whiskers on but l know they work.
If you take them off the bow shoots different ,they kind of act as a damper making it shoot "friendlier" .l tried the stars .they ... didn't work .
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:35 am

[url=https://postimg.cc/d7pMsxFF]Image
This year l went with black.
No problem if you dont like them or believe that they work but lt just cracks me up that somone would worry about a 4 or 5 fps speed loss.
The vixen shoots 255 fps on a good day and guys are shooting 360 or more and are worried about a 5 fps speed loss.
These are the same people who put nitrogen in their tires..
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:02 am

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 pm
String stars are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine! :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IN GOD WE TRUST

Jeff
matrix 355 w/ y25 stock
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/80gr brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife