String Stars

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

colouredchameleon

String Stars

Post by colouredchameleon »

Was Hoping or should say still waiting for Excalibur to add / offer String Stars as a separate item under Accessories - Silencers.
Rather ridiculous to have Crossbow Packages introduced with them install only to not make them available for purchase.
One of Excalibur's own selling points they promote which is suppose to make them stand out above the others is the ability to change the string on the go.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
janesy

Re: String Stars

Post by janesy »

It's a buyer's market for those. I'm sure if you posted a wanted ad I'm sure you could get a life time supply pretty cheap
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
colouredchameleon

janesy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:00 pm
It's a buyer's market for those. I'm sure if you posted a wanted ad I'm sure you could get a life time supply pretty cheap
You may be right .
Are you suggesting that Excalibur should depend on customers who decide not to install or remove theirs to serve as the source for replacements going forward.
I hope not!
I see it as dropping the ball when it comes to dotting your "i 's" and crossing your "t 's"
Especially when most of their Models include a package $$$ that comes with the Sound Damping System which includes String Stars then for some reason decided to not make string stars available for purchase after a person commits to the package upgrade.
Unless it is expected that a person needs to buy the complete sound damping system $$$ if they want to have a back up string with string stars installed.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

String stars are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I installed a set on a friends 380 and it took 2 shots and they where gone . they worked great for 2 shots and that was all . :lol:
W.M.
janesy

Post by janesy »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:22 pm
janesy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:00 pm
You may be right .
Are you suggesting that Excalibur should depend on customers who decide not to install or remove theirs to serve as the source for replacements going forward.
I hope not!
I see it as dropping the ball when it comes to dotting your "i 's" and crossing your "t 's"
Especially when most of their Models include a package $$$ that comes with the Sound Damping System which includes String Stars then for some reason decided to not make string stars available for purchase after a person commits to the package upgrade.
Unless it is expected that a person needs to buy the complete sound damping system $$$ if they want to have a back up string with string stars installed.
No, I'm not depending on them to do that. That's ridiculous.
But I am realistic and understand retail, marketing and economics. They have clearly done the math and decided that since it cost more to card and package those items than what those items are worth, they won't be entertaining them for retail. Further, since 99% of the users of the string stars would probably never pay any retail amount for them, regardless of what they are priced at, even if they did do it, it would be a lost venture before it happened. Most retailers would see that and not stock them. It's supply and demand, they work together. But without demand, there will be no supply.

If you really want them, I'm sure you can call them and buy them.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
curious

Post by curious »

They came on my bow with the silencing package. I changed my string and didn't notice any difference in noise when I put another standard string on without them.
Micro Axe 340 Kryptek Raid
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10x40, HHA Tetra XB
Dr Stirrup Bumpers
BEE'S 400 grains with ignitor lighted nocks
Boo force 10 strings
colouredchameleon

Interesting
If true then what I have read so far it suggests they serve no purpose other than being cosmetic and have no affect on sound or performance.
May be they should discontinued .
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

They are experienced with the use of them. They are simply trying to save you time, headaches and money! It seems you have your mind set already, so go google them and try for yourself. Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

They came on the Micro Suppressor I have. Finally one of them "gave up the ghost" as they say. Removed the other. Couldn't tell any difference in sound.
However, I did replace them with a set of Bow Jax "Slip Jax" string silencers in the color purple. Why, cause it's my wife's favorite color!! :lol: :eusa-doh:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
janesy

Post by janesy »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:19 pm
Interesting
If true then what I have read so far it suggests they serve no purpose other than being cosmetic and have no affect on sound or performance.
May be they should discontinued .
They walk a fine line, too much "stuff" and they loose speed and people get upset.

The string stars on their own probably do little to nothing. But when used in the whole kit, every little bit adds up, if they reduce even an extra DB than it's worth it... If you care.
But otherwise, most just think they slow the bow down too much and don't bother replacing them.

If I end up with a set, I'll send them your way no charge :thumbup:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I think these are for looks only. There are better places to put added, or upgraded parts to get a return without speed loss. JMHO.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/KRt6ZjK9]Image[
They all jeer and poke fun of my 4
feet per second loss of speed with big cat whiskers on but l know they work.
If you take them off the bow shoots different ,they kind of act as a damper making it shoot "friendlier" .l tried the stars .they ... didn't work .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

[url=https://postimg.cc/d7pMsxFF]Image
This year l went with black.
No problem if you dont like them or believe that they work but lt just cracks me up that somone would worry about a 4 or 5 fps speed loss.
The vixen shoots 255 fps on a good day and guys are shooting 360 or more and are worried about a 5 fps speed loss.
These are the same people who put nitrogen in their tires..
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 pm
String stars are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine! :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife