matrix 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cardinalsfanforever

matrix 380

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

opinion please, seeing a lot of matrix 380's for sale, haven't had any problems with mine at all, is there something I haven't heard? thinking maybe picking up another.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
janesy

Re: matrix 380

Post by janesy »

Having just sold one for a friend. I can comment that there is nothing wrong with them at all, in fact the opposite would be true.
I think it's just timing, being that they are now a couple model designations old, people finally start to see something new to catch their eye. And for my friend, it was a built in crank that was the deciding factor.

Remember when the 380 came out, it was the fastest latest and greatest. Same thing happening again.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Love mine, got an extra set of limbs for her, I’m in for the long haul with her. Put the clips on for the new crank and I’m good for life! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

My 380 isn’t going anywhere.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

If I could cock it by hand I would’ve kept my BD380. I don’t want or like being dependent on a crank. As I get older maybe, but not now! Other than that, it was an awesome bow!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

In my opinion after the 355 the ...risk and limb tension/problems just goes up.
That being said lt seems like the 405 has pushed the dependable limit a tad with the "problems" we have seen.
I would not be afraid to buy the 380 and you can get a heck of a deal now for sure.
I think l am fairly fit and can Still hand cock a 405 ...but it's not fun . My brother has a 380 and it's still a chore to cock when doing a hour target session. Although the 355 is only a step down l dont feel the misery level of the 380
It all just what you personally need.
I feel that my 355 is overkill for my sub 40 yard hunting and hardly use it much.l usually pick my slower models.but that is just me.buy what you feel is best for your hunting style
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

I personally believe my Matrix 380 is quite likely The Best Bow Ever Built! :thumbup:

It will not be going anywhere, ever that is.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

The 380 is a good bow you don't hear much about any problems with them . I sold mine and now shoot a 405 and had no trouble with it so far :thumbup: . it was worked over a bit but it still has a forward riser . It was strung up for many hours this season with no problem . I guess it is just what you like to each their own.
W.M.
RobD

Post by RobD »

I just sold one my two Matrix 380 bows, and it was a real struggle to do it. I decided to keep my BD400 (for now) along with one 380. They are fantastic bows, definite keepers. But I decided to put two Micro 360TD bows in the stable and had to let something go to keep the wife from complaining. Probably going to regret it in the future by wishing I sold the BD400 instead. Time will only tell.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Love my 380 --- it's my get r' done now of choice
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

janesy wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:21 am
Having just sold one for a friend. I can comment that there is nothing wrong with them at all, in fact the opposite would be true.
I think it's just timing, being that they are now a couple model designations old, people finally start to see something new to catch their eye. And for my friend, it was a built in crank that was the deciding factor.

Remember when the 380 came out, it was the fastest latest and greatest. Same thing happening again.
x2....I do believe the portable new "cranker" will pm the 380!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

thanks a lot, thinking of adding another 380 to the collection, still need another micro tho for grandsons. ( I did get a nice buck this year with micro 315@42 yards.) no problem. really like my 380 for power, and seems more accurate than my 315. but that's just me, got a new warrantees scope back from excal for the 315, gotta get it sighted in now. 2020 deer season will be here before you know it. :clap:
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I've accumulated a "few" Excaliburs over the years to say the least. When I was younger, my trend was to "upgrade" to newer faster ones and sell the slower ones. Up until now I haven't had to use a crank, and frankly don't like using one.

I love my Matrix 380, however after having installed beefier new gen replacement limbs on it, I find it harder hitting than ever, but cocking it requires a bit more effort. Therefore, as much as I love my 380, since I'm not getting any younger, :( I'm thinking of selling it and going with my easier to cock models. If I do, I will be posting it on the trading forum. So stay tune.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

Wow I thought Excalibur stopped making bows after the Matrix 380. Unfortunately for Sporting Goods companies I’m the worst kind of customer. The one and done kind. I still have and Hunt with my Old Mathews Outback compound bow. It’s an oldie but goodie. I did upgrade the trigger on my Matrix when the Trigger Tech triggers came out. That was probably a waste of $180.00. The original Matrix trigger was/is just as good. My son and I have kind of a contest to see who can shoot the most deer with the same arrow. I shoot Diabolo Arrows and 125 Muzzy Broad heads. I was up to four deer over 2 seasons before I hit a rock on a pass through and broke the arrow. Please don’t for one second think I’m knocking anyone with more than one bow. Might be a little jealous but not saying my way is the only way. Simply saying in my opinion Excalibur hit a home run with the Matrix 380 and I never thought to look for another bow.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I have one of the 1st M380 's out , and it has been trouble free ! thousands of shots thru it . It is a bit tough using the rope cocker for extended shooting sessions . Since undergoing cervical fusion to 4 vertebrae a C2 keeps me shooting .. I would recommend the M380 to anyone looking for a trouble free , tack driving missile launcher !