Want to try something new this year

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChrisK

Want to try something new this year

Post by ChrisK »

I think this year I am going to but some bolts with lighted nocks. I think I am just going to buy the factory Diablo bolts that have the nocks.
ChrisK

Re: Want to try something new this year

Post by ChrisK »

May also try to find some of the new mechanicals that Excalibur is coming out with as well.
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

I love my lumenocks. They do make a big difference especially in low light.Easy to follow for shot placement and bolt recovery. I also use mine when I'm dragging a deer out in the evening. I'll have my treestand and crossbow and move them about 50 yards away and place a ligted lumenock there and go back to the deer where I have another one lit and just leap frog them till i'm out of the woods.Just makes easier for me to keep track and not have to search around. I'm down to my last X-Act broadhead and plan to try out the new exspandables also.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

This is the year I am upgrading my hunting clothes. I just sold all my ASAT camo and placed my order for True Timber Strata gear! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:35 pm
This is the year I am upgrading my hunting clothes. I just sold all my ASAT camo and placed my order for True Timber Strata gear! :)
New camo sounds good too
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:41 am
I love my lumenocks. They do make a big difference especially in low light.Easy to follow for shot placement and bolt recovery. I also use mine when I'm dragging a deer out in the evening. I'll have my treestand and crossbow and move them about 50 yards away and place a ligted lumenock there and go back to the deer where I have another one lit and just leap frog them till i'm out of the woods.Just makes easier for me to keep track and not have to search around. I'm down to my last X-Act broadhead and plan to try out the new exspandables also.

Good tip
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Robinsons Rebel wrote:
To the effect of using the luminock when dragging deer at night I have carry several packs of glow sticks a standers gear for many years now the kind you break the glass cylinder inside and you get a chemical reaction I use them to mark blood and hangover the gutted deer while I get the deer cart . Makes finding it again a breeze and if for some reason say you have an injury its an all night light source in the ready.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

gerald strine wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:46 pm
Robinsons Rebel wrote:
To the effect of using the luminock when dragging deer at night I have carry several packs of glow sticks as standard gear for many years now the kind you break the glass cylinder inside and you get a chemical reaction I use them to mark blood and hangover the gutted deer while I get the deer cart . Makes finding it again a breeze and if for some reason say you have an injury its an all night light source in the ready.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.