What's the next hunt for 2020?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

AJ01

What's the next hunt for 2020?

Post by AJ01 »

Okay...here it is close to the end of January. Deer season has been over for some time for most of us. :thumbdown: So...with that being said, what the next hunt you have lined out on your agenda? Spring Turkey? Spring Bear? Javelina? Exotics somewhere? Inquiring minds want to know!!! :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Carnivorous

Re: What's the next hunt for 2020?

Post by Carnivorous »

Spring Turkey
Spring Bear

My South Carolina hog hunt was supposed to this weekend but was cancelled due to massive flooding. :thumbdown:

If anyone has a hog problem I have a bow and am willing to travel! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

This coming spring will be my first turkey hunt, mostly ready now! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

I am going to NH in October and trying to decide if I want to go to Ontario for rifle deer in November. Didn't get to Canada last season and my gang had a very slow season up there. They saw mostly wolves and very few deer but did get one 200lb buck. May even go out west with a friend to hang out in camp while he chases elk if my cancer treatment allows.
This spring the hunt will be for lake trout and salmon from the shores of lake Champlain. Turkeys are like pests in a few places that I hunt deer so no real challenge and no interest for me.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Coyote if I can find the time.
Turkey
Bear
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

Spring turkey, coyote and fall bear and deer further north.
Gonna sell the .243 and pick up a 22-250 for the coyotes. I live in the city and had one of them trotting across my front lawn the other night.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Coyote then turkey can’t wait. :thumbup:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Smong2000 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:42 am
. Turkeys are like pests in a few places that I hunt deer so no real challenge and no interest for me.
Really well give the coordinates for this spring and I'll be on the way ! I love to chase pests in the spring as long as they gobble lol
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

:wave: If you have selective amnesia and forget by fall I might be willing to send them... :lol:
flinthead

Post by flinthead »

Turkeys beginning March 20th. Big nasty swamp hogs up to August 15th, then it's deer season all over again!

I have the Equinox ready for all three!! :thumbup:
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Saw 6 turkeys in the yard this morning , These are the first ones we saw all winter we thought that the wet spring had got them . 3 toms and3 hens. Turkey season is the one for me , cant 't wait :clap: :clap: :clap:
W.M.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Gonna do some coyote calling after deer season ends on Saturday with the shotgun
After that its spring fishing and then may is Turkey.
I love Turkey hunting with the crossbow usually lots of action its warm out too.
Last year me and my brother both killed two the first day. The best thing about the crossbow is no noise from the tent. My brother killed a big gobbler and then mine came in to jump on his dead bird and l shot him with a super freak extreme .lt was extremely exciting to say the least. 7 0clock and were eating breakfast at the diner with a giant grin on our faces lol.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Feb. 7-9, Colton and I drew out on a javelina hunt in far south Texas. It’s on Chaparral WMA,one of Texas bestWMA’s. The javelina hunts aren’t too hard to get drawn on, the whitetail hunts are a different story. It’s an incredible place, no telling what you may see. Also can take unlimited coyotes, and they have plenty. Really looking forward to it.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Feb. 7-9, Colton and I drew out on a javelina hunt in far south Texas. It’s on Chaparral WMA,one of Texas bestWMA’s. The javelina hunts aren’t too hard to get drawn on, the whitetail hunts are a different story. It’s an incredible place, no telling what you may see. Also can take unlimited coyotes, and they have plenty. Really looking forward to it.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I'm going deer hunting tomorrow afternoon after the rain stops. I still have a buck and doe tag left.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline