Ontario hunting Reports ** failure to submit**

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Ontario hunting Reports ** failure to submit**

Post by janesy »

Just so everyone knows, if you fail to report for any given season the penalty or fine as they call it, is not being able to purchase your tag for the following season. IE if you fail to report for 2020, you will not be eligible to purchase a tag for 2021.

2019 was a freebie, if you forgot to report for any tag you purchased in 2019, you will probably receive a scolding email, but no penalties will be issued.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Re: Ontario hunting Reports ** failure to submit**

Post by xcaliber »

I Like this approach in a way. I think it goes a long way in determining success rates for various seasons, population issues, and I don't know what else is included, but if it was me running the show, I would ask for other species sightings, antler size of any bucks, dates of sightings, this would be used if hunting dates needed to be shifted. I think a lot can be gleaned from people in the field, and it matters not if it's public land or not, but more I think for geographical locations.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

For over 40 years our Ministry of Natural Resources (then Lands and Forests) has done virtually nothing to keep tabs on our small deer and moose population. Prior to that, they did aerial surveys that actually gave them some information. Our deer and moose population had really gone down and the MNR have done little to nothing to help our deer and moose populations. To my knowledge, the most they've done is the optional deer harvest report. So it took nearly half a century to force hunters to hand over the information. It's about time!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:26 am
For over 40 years our Ministry of Natural Resources (then Lands and Forests) has done virtually nothing to keep tabs on our small deer and moose population. Prior to that, they did aerial surveys that actually gave them some information. Our deer and moose population had really gone down and the MNR have done little to nothing to help our deer and moose populations. To my knowledge, the most they've done is the optional deer harvest report. So it took nearly half a century to force hunters to hand over the information. It's about time!
I agree, and the process now is really quite simple now.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

You guys are ahead of your southern neighbors again. :thumbup: I wish we could follow a lot of your policies - just plain common sense to require the people actually in the field to report what they are observing.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Ya its a great system I always say I see way more deer and turkeys than I do in the hope that they will increase the season lol Don't go :eusa-whistle: on me as I'm kidding.
I see Montana just went to printing your tags etc from home and carrying it on your phone instead of kill tags in the mail. Lots of people out there complaining I guess I'll see first hand how that goes ! At least they say it will speed up the draw process.
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

They mnr has actually worked against the deer and moose population and against us hunters when they allowed the banning of hunting and trapping of wolves and coyotes due to the fictitious "algonquin wolf" in a large part of ontario...bowing to special interest groups from downtown Toronto and with the help of David Suzuki..
Dont mean to hijack the thread, i put in alot if time to ensure the data in my deet survey ti the mnr is accurate yet I know deep down nothing us being done with the data.