Axe 340

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigbowman

Re: Axe 340

Post by bigbowman »

There are 3 things that I don’t like about my new Axe. The first is that the screws for the stirrup are too small! Secondly, the R.E.Ds are machined into the riser, if you drop your bow and it bends, you’re sol! Lastly, they don’t offer a matching camo quiver or cheek piece! Other than that, it’s a nice little crossbow!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

bigbowman wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:48 pm
It doesn’t eat my servings! This is an old string I had laying around till my new string gets here. I don’t like the EL factory strings!
That was a legit question, no need to get your panties in a wad :shock: mine look like that after 20 shots with my TT was all.

Btw, REDS are not machined into the riser.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

janesy wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:20 am
bigbowman wrote:
It doesn’t eat my servings! This is an old string I had laying around till my new string gets here. I don’t like the EL factory strings!
That was a legit question, no need to get your panties in a wad :shock: mine look like that after 20 shots with my TT was all.

I have factory triggers in my bows. No issues with serving wear and the trigger pull is crisp! No trigger tech issues here! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

janesy wrote:
bigbowman wrote:

It amazes me how people can assume emotion from a typed out response. Lol There’s no set screw? I tried to turn them, thought that they might be screwed in but they won’t budge. Are they pressed in?
Boo

Post by Boo »

bigbowman wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:24 am
janesy wrote:
bigbowman wrote:

It amazes me how people can assume emotion from a typed out response. Lol There’s no set screw? I tried to turn them, thought that they might be screwed in but they won’t budge. Are they pressed in?
Brian, the end of the REDS shaft is threaded. You can't see it because of the riser design. In the TDs you can see the threaded part barely stick out.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Thanks Don! I wasn’t about to try to move them with any type of pliers! Good to know though! Thanks
janesy

Post by janesy »

bigbowman wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:24 am
janesy wrote:
bigbowman wrote:

Copied from a quick google search. You shouldn't be amazed.

"The exclamation mark is used to express exasperation, astonishment, or surprise, or to emphasise a comment or short, sharp phrase. In professional or everyday writing, exclamation marks are used sparingly if at all."

Back to the point of this thread...
If you remove the rubber bumper and look inside, there is a screw at the bottom that's threads into the riser.

Enjoy your AXE they are sweet :thumbup:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Ah I see said the blind man! I didn’t think about removing the rubber stop to look inside the REDs! Thank you for showing me how to remove them if needed!
janesy

Post by janesy »

bigbowman wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:48 am
Ah I see said the blind man! I didn’t think about removing the rubber stop to look inside the REDs! Thank you for showing me how to remove them if needed!
:thumbup:
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Well I shot my new Axe about 15 shots today! Smooth shooting little bow. After I was done something fell to the floor, after further looking it was a splinter that cracked off the left limb! RMA is in and have to wait for new limbs!

Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Man you have the worst luck.

But on the bright side you have the best warranty in the buis!!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Only a few bows that I’ve had to replace the limbs on. I still love my Excalibur bows! Best made and excellent customer service! 👍
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

That’s a bummer Brian, hope that’s the last of your issues with her.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I’m confident that’ll be all that this little bow will need besides my new string! 😉
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Got my new limbs and my Axe is all back together! Here’s a picture of my Micro Axe 340 and Matrix 355 cocked side by side. Two sweet bows! The Matrix looks huge next to the Axe! Lol