Our awesome forum

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: Our awesome forum

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:10 am
I couldn't agree more. When I came here as a newbie I was welcomed and helped by many. I've since established lifelong friendships with some very dear members. :thumbup:

All except for that Paul Guy! Just who the heck does he think he is with all those wonderful toys??

Just Kidding!! :lol:

I concur times ten. Some right Fine Folks here, always willing to help, and always willing to make one feel "At Home"!

Many Thanks Indeed! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

You must admit it like it or not, there are a bunch of really neat guys on here from every walk of life. I think that is what adds to the "intelligent side" of this forum and not the "I'm better than you" side that is seen on a lot of forums. Guys on here respect one another. It ain't a pissing contest!! :eusa-naughty:
I shot a vertical for several years until my shoulders could no longer take it. Looked at a BUNCH of crossbows. But is was the comments and helpful insight I found on this forum that made a world of difference as to which crossbow I finally settled on.
I appreciate all the help you guys have provided!! And I look forward to many more years of it!
Thanks
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

this forum played a big part in my decision to go with Excalibur. that and the simplicity. some friends talk about how great theirs are, but they always end up in the shop for one thing or another.
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

paulaboutform wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:10 am
I couldn't agree more. When I came here as a newbie I was welcomed and helped by many. I've since established lifelong friendships with some very dear members. :thumbup:

Paul
"Re: Our awesome forum
Unread post by SEW » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:41 am

This forum is a model forum."

A big X2 on both of these comments, especially since both these guys, and others, have helped me immensely with my crossbow knowledge, application and enjoyment!!
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
chilly_willy

Post by chilly_willy »

This is the best forum I have ever been on. You guys have helped me a lot. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Boo

Post by Boo »

AJ01 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:39 pm
not the "I'm better than you" side that is seen on a lot of forums. Guys on here respect one another. It ain't a pissing contest!!
This is very true of this forum. I know that I am not liked with a few here but the respect extends to people not liked and that is key to a good forum. Even the politics are kept somewhat low key (I hate political posts because it's all garbage, every single word and it tends to alienate). And like Paul said, I have garnered a few very long term friendships with people I can trust with anything! All in all a very cool place to gather. :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
grouse

Post by grouse »

This topic has been going around for a while and I finally decided to jump in. I've never been on Facebook, Twitter or any of the major social media organizations that are so prominent. They are popular, but they're just not for me. I don't post a lot but I read this forum all of the time. I like this site because I learn from it and it stimulates thought. Part of it's appeal is learning what people all over North America (and other parts of the world) do to pursue many of the same interests that I have. Posts on this forum tend to be worth reading and not a waste of time.
axiom
350 SE
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Nice to be part of a drama free forum. As Don said, there’s some real and really nice guys here! What’s not to like about this forum! 👍
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

bigbowman wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:56 pm
Nice to be part of a drama free forum. As Don said, there’s some real and really nice guys here! What’s not to like about this forum! 👍
I couldn't agree more!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!