Character bows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flinthead

Character bows

Post by flinthead »

How many of you guys have a well worn older bow with a lot of dings, scratches, and worn paint that still shoots great and still goes hunting each year? I have an Equinox that is not as pretty as it once was but shoots awesome!
Vixen II
Ibex
Vortex
Swhacker Broadheads
nchunterkw

Re: Character bows

Post by nchunterkw »

That's pretty much all I own. I buy bows to use them in the woods, swamps,or plains to kill things. I certainly don't purposefully abuse them, but things happen that like you say....just give them character and IMO don ot cheapen them in any way.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My vixen 2 is pretty beat up. Dents in the scope spray paint camo but it still shoots dead on out to 50 yards.
I love that crossbow
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

My old Exomax still goes to the woods every year numerous times as my daughters primary bow. Its a bit too tall for her to cock, so she uses the Crankaroo like a boss. She's harvested a handful of deer with it including an 8pt while hunting solo. The limbs have quite a few spots where the finish has flaked off, but it still shoots great. One season after I sighted it in, she took a couple shots off the bench. Robin hood with her first two arrows. She carries it with confidence. :lol:
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Although most would consider a Matrix 380 basically "new", you certainly wouldn't if you saw mine! :shock:

It has been beat to hell on so many trips I can't count, and is beginning to show it.

Of course it is (and always will be) my Go To, so I wouldn't expect anything less.

Not that I am intentionally mean, it's just Chit Happens out there...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."