Re: OT - What's Going On in VA

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:55 pm
IronNoggin wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 pm
Stepnoutnb wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:26 am
... I legally own many firearms and have never been in trouble with the law. Yet my rights as a legal gun owner are constantly being challenged
True that. Same boat.
Owned pistols since I could walk.
Never any trouble with the law.
Constantly under fire from the lefties.

Unfortunately we are often our own worst enemies.
If you look at the current related Petition demanding Due Democratic process for the bans the lefties are promoting, with three days left we have just shy of 170,000 signatures. While that is the most signed Petition in Canada of this nature, it pales in light of the 2 MILLION plus firearm owners here. That petition should be in the million plus range, but it seems most are quite willing to sit on their hands and do nothing. Extremely disappointing!! :thumbdown:

The noted Petition for any that might care: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2341

Sadly,
Matt
I’ve tried multiple time to sign that petition and have been rejected every time. Any ideas on how to get it signed?
After several attempts over the last month and a half I’ve finally managed to sign the petition.
Cheers
Wayne
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
I’ve tried multiple time to sign that petition and have been rejected every time. Any ideas on how to get it signed?
No idea what is interfering?
Everyone I know found it relatively easy - once they understood to look for the email you must respond to (often in their scam folders).

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I cant understand how l can carry a gun almost
anywhere l want in Pennsylvania with my carry permit .....yet drive over the Delaware river with it and l am an instant fugitive criminal in new Jersey....and they call this the "United states " its insane.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

IronNoggin wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:23 pm
Stepnoutnb wrote:
No idea what is interfering?
Everyone I know found it relatively easy - once they understood to look for the email you must respond to (often in their scam folders).

Nog
I was able to getter done!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm
My opinion, the radical left Dumacrooks are trying hard to turn in into a society where the government tells us how to act, and what we need to protect ourselves and family members. They attack our constitution every chance that they can without regard for law abiding citizens that have the right to keep and bare arms. If this constitutional right is taken away, what is next? An armed society is a safe society. The government needs to be tough on criminals, illegal immigration, and wasteful spending. Rant over!
The people of Virginia have spoken, the governing idiots are still pressing on as far as I know. I’m hoping that the federal government can pass a unified gun law for all legal citizens that allow us freedom to carry in ALL states, maybe I’m way out there with that one, but hopeful.
I’m hoping that the federal government takes all funding away from sanctuary cities and the states that they reside in! Ranting again, sorry. :eusa-deadhorse:
Nothing left to add. I agree 100%!!! ....actually, I would love to see the governors, mayors, etc of sanctuary cities arrested....along with police chiefs and officers for disregarding their duties!
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

paulaboutform wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:24 pm
xcaliber wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm
My opinion, the radical left Dumacrooks are trying hard to turn in into a society where the government tells us how to act, and what we need to protect ourselves and family members. They attack our constitution every chance that they can without regard for law abiding citizens that have the right to keep and bare arms. If this constitutional right is taken away, what is next? An armed society is a safe society. The government needs to be tough on criminals, illegal immigration, and wasteful spending. Rant over!
The people of Virginia have spoken, the governing idiots are still pressing on as far as I know. I’m hoping that the federal government can pass a unified gun law for all legal citizens that allow us freedom to carry in ALL states, maybe I’m way out there with that one, but hopeful.
I’m hoping that the federal government takes all funding away from sanctuary cities and the states that they reside in! Ranting again, sorry. :eusa-deadhorse:
Nothing left to add. I agree 100%!!! ....actually, I would love to see the governors, mayors, etc of sanctuary cities arrested....along with police chiefs and officers for disregarding their duties!
I feel sorry for the policemen and women. Their hands are tied especially in New York, and California. The cops are the enemy now, and I would imagine recruiting new officers in those communities will be tough going forward. These folks are disciplined for these made up offenses by superiors, and the people on the streets. Instead of the geniuses in political positions backing the cops, and the decisions made by their superiors when the poop hits the fan they BULK, then make comments like we shook down blacks because they are most likely to commit violent crimes, instead of saying those areas are were the crime is highest, and more efforts are provided there to protect the people. See, true yet not racially charged. Sorry, I'm ranting again.
I want to put a sign in front of my house stating that we call 911 for all that we shoot, after the area has been deemed safe! Wife says NOPE! :eusa-deadhorse:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

longbow joe wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:00 pm
anywhere l want in Pennsylvania with my carry permit .....yet drive over the Delaware river with it and l am an instant fugitive criminal in new Jersey....and they call this the "United states " its insane.
Its just as bad if you drive south into Maryland. We can conceal carry now in WV without a permit. To carry into/through another state, we still have to have a permit. But permit or not, there's no crossing the Potomac River into Maryland without getting cross-ways of their laws.

If gay marriage (totally different issue) can be dictated Federally to apply to all the states whether they want it or now, then why can't we get nationwide reciprocity for concealed carry?
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

DuckHunt wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:18 pm
longbow joe wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:00 pm
Its just as bad if you drive south into Maryland. We can conceal carry now in WV without a permit. To carry into/through another state, we still have to have a permit. But permit or not, there's no crossing the Potomac River into Maryland without getting cross-ways of their laws.

If gay marriage (totally different issue) can be dictated Federally to apply to all the states whether they want it or now, then why can't we get nationwide reciprocity for concealed carry?
That's a valid point regarding nation wide

Altho those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and I am not. But it would certainly be an easier fight if each state unified to form a federal law. But I also understand the power of standing individually too.

As mentioned we fight constantly, but we only have to fight one government. Currently our provinces have no authority over firearms laws. It's all federal
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Virginia has held the rights! It’s not over, ever! Congrats to you all right now! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SEW

Post by SEW »

Arkansas has an advanced concealed carry (expect other states do also). I have this. When we travel, I take my pistol. If states don’t allow me to even have one in my car, I don’t go there.
Years ago, I was not allowed to enter Canada due to my pistol, so I drove back to the nearest town in the USA and left my pistol. Then retried to enter Canada, but couldn’t because of my bear spray. My wife and I had just hiked 5 days in Glacier Nation Park and planned to do the same in Canada. We didn’t enter Canada.

Many years before, I had been accosted by 4 young men before who surrounded me and my truck. I was out in the sticks in Louisiana. I quickly pulled out my pistol, aimed it directly at the chest of the nearest guy who was coming directly at me, about 10’ away. He stopped , and said, “you won’t shoot”, and kept coming. I shot right between his legs and then leveled the gun right between his eyes ,I said drop your truck keys (had them in his hands - don’t know why he had them there), he did, told the others if they wanted their friend to live, to get in their truck. They did. I told him to lay face down on the ground and start telling me why I shouldn’t shoot him while I picked up his keys and threw them in the bayou. I told him that he hadn’t come up with a good enough reason and to bury his face in the dirt and not look up.

Stood there about a minute in total silence, shot one round into the ground, he jumped and started crying. I drove off.

History. I was a chemist near Baton Rouge. I had a black co-worker with me in my vehicle. We were friends in 1969 Baton Rouge, LA. They were going to kill me because I was associating with a black.

No, I don’t go where I can’t have an equalizer.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I posted the above because I actually have been in a situation where I experienced true, raw mob/gang/pack type of irrational hatred. This just has to be seen to fully appreciate just how bad it is. The previous post concerns just one of two times that possession of a firearm , on my person, has saved mine and another’s lives. The second won’t be discussed and was far more traumatic. Personal experience can make subjects like this vividly real: not just hypothetical. A parallel vividness could be a person who has had a child killed by a drunken driver.

Still, the killing of another person is abhorrent to me, thus the bear spray being my primary defense. I would have used it in Louisiana if I’d had it. I’d also have used it in the second, undisclosed , instance where personal possession of a gun saved at least two lives.

Rural Arkansas is about as safe for normal citizens to live as I know of. People living in many other areas have much greater chance of danger from the criminal/ unstable element. I don’t understand legislation that doesn’t allow for personal protection by those who can demonstrate that they are law abiding, stable citizens. I do think that that determination needs made though.

Back to crossbows :thumbup: