New Cap For My 2015 Frontier

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

New Cap For My 2015 Frontier

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Got a new Leer Cap for my 2015 Frontier. Able to lug all my hunting and fishing gear locked up.
Let the fun begin.
Wayne

Reinyrooster

Re: New Cap For My 2015 Frontier

Post by Reinyrooster »

Very nice.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Purdy! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

I miss the caps on my previous trucks every single day.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Very nice. I wouldn't have a truck without one! :thumbup:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Sadly I had to return the cap. The pictures I took after I arrived back from the hour and a half drive where I purchased the cap. Those folks were great. After the install I noticed a 5 inch scratch under the clear coat straight from LEER. We called LEER they adjusted the price and I agreed to take the cap.
The next day it was overcast and started to take off the Thule rack as we were expecting snow. The Factory installers torqued the fasteners so tight they blew out 4 washers. The cap has an interior liner needless to say it would be no time for a leek to occur. Upon further investigation I see under the base coat paint orbital sander marks down both sides of the six foot cap. I also noticed the back Recessed door was not sitting recessed on the right side, I suspect the hinge was not square when installed. This cap was the XL SERIES c/atheist Arcadia package. Obviously li took pictures and videos and sent them to the installers to forward to LEER.
Now this cap was originally $4500 Canadian with the adjustment for the scratch was $4075 not cheap.
So LEER agreed to take the cap back to Pennsylvania for repair. At first I agreed but when we took cap off at the installers they noticed more orbital sander marks around the windows.
After much thought I decided LEER had NOT delivered a quality product and the repair would likely be just as POOR OR EVEN WORSE. I tried to negotiate a new build but the answer from LEER was a repair only. SADLY I requested a full refund and started a dispute with my credit card company and I notified the installers.I am happy to say my credit card was fully refunded. Through all this the installers were top notch and supported me.

In the end I have no cap. I’ve checked A.R.E. There caps are with less options are a 1000 more plus tax. Well I’m not paying $6300 for a cap end of story.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I had a top of the line LEER, the one with the one piece flex glass. And I thought it was great. Until everything started failing, hinges, latches. Bubbles in the fiberglass popping.

My next cap was a ARE, again top of the line, and it was perfect, nothing failed over its life with me. It was heavier and way sturdier and definately worth upgrading, but not at 6300.

In ONT we have a place called windmill truck caps, they buy and sell 100's of demo caps they buy from dealers. There must be a place like that in NB. You save thousands of dollars and they are only a few months old.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

janesy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:21 am
I had a top of the line LEER, the one with the one piece flex glass. And I thought it was great. Until everything started failing, hinges, latches. Bubbles in the fiberglass popping.

My next cap was a ARE, again top of the line, and it was perfect, nothing failed over its life with me. It was heavier and way sturdier and definately worth upgrading, but not at 6300.

In ONT we have a place called windmill truck caps, they buy and sell 100's of demo caps they buy from dealers. There must be a place like that in NB. You save thousands of dollars and they are only a few months old.
Thanks not finding any second hand cap resellers here. I’d drive to Ontario to save $$$. I’d visit my sisters in Orillia and brother in Ottawa. I’ll check out Windmill
janesy

Post by janesy »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:29 am
janesy wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:21 am

Thanks not finding any second hand cap resellers here. I’d drive to Ontario to save $$$. I’d visit my sisters in Orillia and brother in Ottawa. I’ll check out Windmill
Call Windmill, ask for Herb
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

I have dealt with WINDMILL CAPS in the past.
I would certainly deal with them again. Good prices and install.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

I bought a cap for my Tachoma from these people http://eastontruckcaps.com/
It had a sliding window at the front, side windows that flip up for access and of course locked up. It was a very solid cap as a friend carried a couple of kayaks on the roof with no issues.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

When we went upstate for archery l always enjoyed a nice afternoon "cap" nap in the back ...woke up like new.
Now l have a full size tundra l can nap in the big back seat.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.