Why Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mchurch

Why Excalibur

Post by mchurch »

I have been shooting Excalibur crossbows since 2007. Over the years I have owned tenpoint, Bowtech, Darton, Koda. They all have some good features. At this point I only own Excalibur and for good reason. I have two young boys, 5 and 8 who are very interested in crossbows and hunting. I had to ask myself in the event of a partial or full dryfire, which brand was the least likely to blow up and send projectiles possibly in the direction of my boys. I know that tenpoint has some really cutting edge technology on their new bows. I honestly think their bows are really well made. I have to wonder if the partial dryfire occurred how well would they hold up? Just curious if anyone else out there has kids that shoot crossbows, if this has been a consideration?
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
longbow joe

Re: Why Excalibur

Post by longbow joe »

My brother had a Barnett blow up on him ....lt wasn't pretty.
I just like simple dependable things
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have never seen a crossbow break, but have heard, and read of it several times. I got into Excalibur Crossbows from the start. I read this forum for a while before deciding to get an Ibex. I have never owned a wheeled model, but had a Kodabow. I am one of the lucky guys, never had any issues really with any of them I have, or had. I think that the bows I have now will last me, and then the Kid hunting lifetime. Simple & dependable like LBJ said.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Being an old fart, I like simple things! And like several of the other guys on here. I came to this site while looking for a crossbow. The Military and Law Enforcement have an acronym you will hear repeatedly..."KISS...Kept It Simple Stupid".
Why complicate things with pulleys and extra strings and cables? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" springs to mind!
I played with several before deciding on Excalibur. I will promise you this, I will NEVER buy anything else! :thumbup:
The most reliable, dependable crossbow on the market!!
Enough Said!!
AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I've had a few partial dry fires when I didn't fully seat a lumenock. Nothing happened but a limb splinter down the road. Makes me wonder how other brands would have survived?
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
dithian

Post by dithian »

I had a complete dryfire on my Matrix 330 early on when I was just getting used to crossbows. Limbs were fine, and I installed ADF after that. My Micro 335 had a limb that was starting to fold over. I cocked it, heard it crack, and then it very slowly started to break apart. No dramatic explosion there, either. I was able to decock it and got new warranty limbs. I've never heard of Excalibur limbs exploding like that, and I would avoid cam and pulley crossbows. I think if you stick to lower pound, longer limbed bows there shouldn't be a problem whatsoever. Main thing is teaching the kids to keep body parts out of the string path—no room for error there. I always tell people I'm teaching how to shoot to think of the crossbow as a 250 lb cheese slicer and imagine what that would do to a finger, hand or arm.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I belong to the choir :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Pass the coolaid, I'll have a swig!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Excaliburs reputation sold me.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

I’m a fan of around 300-340 fps on a Matrix series. I’ve never dry fired a crossbow, never had a negligent discharge on a firearm either, even with a military career.

I like simple, I like making my own adjustments.

Its like having a crossbow version of a Ruger 77 308 or a Marlin 30-30, its there for ya.