Re: What Turkey Call For A Beginner?

Post by janesy »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:24 pm
janesy wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:13 pm
Stepnoutnb wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:04 am
Here I go again. I just ordered several boxes of Winchester Supreme Turkey loads in 3 1/2 and 3 " in 4 and 5 shot all are 2oz. Loads they are an hour and a half drive away. someone will pick them up this weekend.
I won't need anymore shells before I die lol.
Oh jeez! Candle Sticks! Lots of people report patterns withstand a tighter centre from 3" loads when not using an overbored barrel. Maybe give them a try too.

Winnie supremes are probably the go to for most people. I'd also recommend for be Long beard XR
I’ve got me 2 boxes of the XR in 3 1/2 #6
Wallopin' Henfrie! That should knock em flat. I'll put my money right there.
I put a bird down with a 3.5" candle stick years ago with my shoulder in between a tree and a Remington 870 supermag. When the tears stopped, I switched to 3". :lol:
Can't wait to hear how's they all pattern Wayne
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Stepnoutnb

Re: What Turkey Call For A Beginner?

Post by Stepnoutnb »

janesy wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:25 pm
Stepnoutnb wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:24 pm
janesy wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Oh jeez! Candle Sticks! Lots of people report patterns withstand a tighter centre from 3" loads when not using an overbored barrel. Maybe give them a try too.

Winnie supremes are probably the go to for most people. I'd also recommend for be Long beard XR
I’ve got me 2 boxes of the XR in 3 1/2 #6
Wallopin' Henfrie! That should knock em flat. I'll put my money right there.
I put a bird down with a 3.5" candle stick years ago with my shoulder in between a tree and a Remington 870 supermag. When the tears stopped, I switched to 3". :lol:
Can't wait to hear how's they all pattern Wayne
Lololol the 3.5 was all I could find in Saint John. There is a good size shop 1 1/2 hour away. That has the 3 inch supreme for $9.99 and the 3.5 for 13.99. I loaded up I hate running out of ammo. Let’s just say I will never run out :eusa-dance: