Multiple crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

Multiple crossbows

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

I love my Grizzly that I have. One day I might upgrade to a higher priced Excalibur but it will leave me with a problem. For those that have multiple Excaliburs, how do you decide which one to use hunting? I would be like a kid in a candy store not knowing what to eat first.
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
bigbowman

Re: Multiple crossbows

Post by bigbowman »

I alternate every week with my bows. Easy to use them both. Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Every year that I can hunt it usually ends up being the new one, and all the other ones become number 2. Sort of like when I was young and looking for a date, had the number one on speed dial, and that was it! :lol: :lol:

No, really it's like this for me, newest is number 1, and then the next newest. :eusa-liar:

No wait, it's always the newest, then my Matrix 380, heck take the fastest you got as number 2. :eusa-think:

No, wait, you take the newest, then the one closest that uses the same arrows! :crazy:

Heck I don't know! :lol: :lol:

LBJ would know, Boo, Jeff, scratch that last one, Janesy, ............. :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I was OK when I got my Micro 335 because I let my daughter start using my ExoMax and she's killed a few deer with it. Then WV allowed crossbows for all, but no Micro because arrows had to be 18" (16" starting in the 2020 season). So I picked up the Matrix 350LE. I alternated with the Matrix and Micro but it seemed the Matrix was always in my hands when it counted. I ended up harvesting two 8pts with it. I finished up the season with my Micro taking a doe with it.

Then the Micro 400 TD happened. Its full camo, a Micro and 400fps. What's not to love? I'm sure it will get first dibs next season until I draw blood with it. I'll likely tote it more during buck season as well with some gaudy big 4-blade expandables. Might as well put that power to use.

I may ease the selection burden by letting my daughter start carrying the Matrix 350 LE. Without a doubt, its the smoothest drawing sweetest shooting bow in my stable. It would be a great upgrade from the ExoMax. If I can convince my son-in-law to hang up the vertical bow for a bit, they may all see concurrent time in the stand next season.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Normous

Post by Normous »

I have owned many Excalibur Exo, Matrix and Micro series bows since 1991 ( liked them all), and to be honest I always opted for the fastest shooting one over the past many hunting years.
Never been a fan of multi reticle or dot scopes either. My preference is to hunt better, get closer and put the dot or crosshair smack dab in the middle of the boiler room and collect your family dinner.
My 2 cents.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have 17 bass ,pike and walleye rods also...never had a problem using all of them.
I think l got it from my grandfather...he bought multiple hunting and fishing impliments.
My other weakness is motorcycles but l can only afford a couple of em and they take up more room than a crossbow or fishing rod.
One thing for sure I'm glad l only have 2 daughters or we would be talking about multiple grey hairs instead of crossbows.
If you can afford multiple crossbows and they make you happy go for it life is too short.
As long as my Bill's are paid l feel no guilt. People spend thousands on dui fines and rehab so if crossbow shooting keeps you out of trouble it's worth every penny
You should consider purchasing a used matrix or exo bow on this forum or on local craigslist. You can get a great deal nowadays.
I love the older....models.
I'm now working on a perfect shape vortex l bought its gonna get the full monte. And even a new hha optimizer ...gonna try something new for me.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
SEW

Post by SEW »

This is just for me and definitely not necessarily the answer for all others, but generally the ease of use (frequently smaller, lighter) and optics on the crossbow are the determiners.
I primarily hunt for larger deer which I normally encounter at late dusk. Optical quality is a factor at this time.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I roll around on the ground and bark like a dog. When one of my dogs come to see me they tell me which one to take. Honest!

I have a 315 for the close stuff and I'll take anything in the 350 ft/sec range for everything else. I think you'd be well served to have a slow poke and the fastest you can easily afford. The can both act as backups to each other. So a man needs a minimum of 2 crossbows. That's the story I'm going with :eusa-dance:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Boo wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:31 am
I roll around on the ground and bark like a dog. When one of my dogs come to see me they tell me which one to take. Honest!

I have a 315 for the close stuff and I'll take anything in the 350 ft/sec range for everything else. I think you'd be well served to have a slow poke and the fastest you can easily afford. The can both act as backups to each other. So a man needs a minimum of 2 crossbows. That's the story I'm going with :eusa-dance:
Best case of self-justification I've ever seen!! :lol: I admire a wise man!!!
Leaves the wifey totally out of the equation!!!! :D
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:44 am
Boo wrote:

AJ01, Don has been justifying, and justifying, and justifying for years! :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:53 pm
AJ01 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:44 am
Boo wrote:

AJ01, Don has been justifying, and justifying, and justifying for years! :lol:
Paul, its not justifying, it's keen negotiating ability. :eusa-dance:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

I'm back down to 3. Had 4 for a while. 3 is my comfort zone
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:00 am
I'm back down to 3. Had 4 for a while. 3 is my comfort zone
4 is better than 3! :lol: :lol: :eusa-snooty:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I wonder how many my Marge thinks l have?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Mine knows the number I have as long as she can see and count :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx