Jam Jars

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: Jam Jars

Post by IronNoggin »

And so ends Week One of the attempts to contact the gov.

Still on "hold" of course, although their doors have been closed for a spell.

MP Monday.

Phone has tracked this all week. Near 2,000 call attempts, nearly 70 worm hole verification events, and 29 hours "on hold" over all.

Next week one can hope... :shock:

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Clock ran out once again today. :shock:

MP sent me a form to fill out which may allow him to intercede on my behalf.

Hoping so, it's getting down to the wire...

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Call number 277 of the morning got me on hold at 12:15pm today.

Still there.

MP just emailed to apologize that he simply can't do anything to help despite previous assurances. :wtf:

Suspect they will run down the clock on me yet again, leave me on hold, and go home for the day yet again. :evil:

Beyond
thin at this point...

Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

AND... That's a wrap for Day Six. Left dangling as predicted while they lock the doors and head home.

4.5 hours "on hold" this time around...

SIGH
:thumbdown:
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Matt have you tried applying for EI via the online website. Here's a cut and paste I made from a few of their webpages:

To gain access and apply, you will have to login with your User ID and password

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/my-account.html

and then you can follow the links pasted below for more information.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/coronavirus.html#web-notice

Employment Insurance
Employment Insurance (EI) sickness benefits provide up to 15 weeks of income replacement and is available to eligible claimants who are unable to work because of illness, injury or quarantine, to allow them time to restore their health and return to work. Canadians quarantined can apply for Employment Insurance (EI) sickness benefits.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-sickness.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-sickness/apply.html

Canada Emergency Response Benefit
If you have lost income because of COVID-19, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) will provide you with temporary income support.
The CERB will provide you with $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.
We are targeting April 6, 2020 as the date when we can start accepting applications.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/apply-for-cerb-with-cra.html

Hope that helps.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Appreciate that, but none of it applies.
I have to change from a standard EI Fishing Claim to a Medical Claim.
ONLY way to do that is "in person" or "over the phone".
No other alternatives (including online) available to me.
Sadly, neither is an actual option at this point.

On hold in queue since 1:00pm.
Going to leave the damn thing cycling all night.
Their dime, and just maybe I'll get a human tomorrow when they start up...

Cheers & Many Thanks for thinking of me! Appreciated! :thumbup:
Matt
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

And... The clock runs down and out for the final time.

I Give... :thumbdown:

Nog The Defeated
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Well... they broke me. Literally.

Kicked me off EI without making the switch to a Medical Benefits Claim. They did so stating I had "plenty of time to contact them and do so" and as a result of me not doing so I am not qualified. Complete BS.

Not qualified for any of the other virus related programs.

Not qualified for welfare and I wouldn't go there even if I was.

Doctor suggesting to go on CPP Disability, and given no other choice I may have to. Current backlog with that process is in excess of five months.

Going to be a long & broke haul for quite the spell it seems. :thumbdown:

Frustrated,
Nog
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

IronNoggin wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:40 pm
Well... they broke me. Literally.

Kicked me off EI without making the switch to a Medical Benefits Claim. They did so stating I had "plenty of time to contact them and do so" and as a result of me not doing so I am not qualified. Complete BS.

Not qualified for any of the other virus related programs.

Not qualified for welfare and I wouldn't go there even if I was.

Doctor suggesting to go on CPP Disability, and given no other choice I may have to. Current backlog with that process is in excess of five months.

Going to be a long & broke haul for quite the spell it seems. :thumbdown:

Frustrated,
Nog
Dammit, this sucks big time and pisses me off. Now that I understand your frustrations, I feel like a dick. If I was close I'd be there in a heart beat to help you out. I'll just keep my big mouth shut from now on. That should help a tiny bit and not add to your frustrations. Know that you're in our prayers for relief sooner than later. Sincerely, Darrell
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

hankenhunter wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:32 pm
Dammit, this sucks big time and pisses me off. Now that I understand your frustrations,
You AIN'T "a dick" Darrell by any stretch of the imagination!
And I will admit this whole episode has me a tad off the rails, and more antagonistic than I should be.
Thanks for your kind words. They are certainly Appreciated! :thumbup:

Now the gov have the unmitigated gall to DEMAND that I call them asap (via My Service Canada account).

Of course the provided number is the same one I have been trying for weeks. :roll:

Un-Effing-Real! :evil:
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

I am FAR from alone. Best guesstimates are that in excess of 700,000 Canadians are slipping through the cracks just as I have:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/no-job-and-no-more-ei-%E2%80%94-but-she-cant-access-the-new-covid-19-benefit/ar-BB12hTzi

What a complete mess they are making of this matter.
And what a complete mess that is making of one hell of a lot of lives...

Nog
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

IronNoggin wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:02 pm
Call number 472 today got through... sort of.
So, on hold... once again.

Did get through yesterday afternoon to the same worm hole.
Kept me "on hold" for 2.5 hours after their doors shut for the day - an experiment as I was waiting for my Lady to get home.

Pretty sure it will go the same way today.
Verifying my perception there is actually no-one on the other end to actually answer your call.

MP Monday. Phone has tracked this all week. Near 2,000 call attempts, nearly 70 worm hole verification events, and 26 hours (and counting ) on hold over all.

UN-Fricking-Believeable! :thumbdown:
Nog
IronNoggin wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:42 pm
AND... That's a wrap for Day Six. Left dangling as predicted while they lock the doors and head home.

4.5 hours "on hold" this time around...

SIGH
:thumbdown:

Don’t you realize you’re on their Black List! Liberals got your name. :lol:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

IronNoggin wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:58 pm
hankenhunter wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:32 pm
Dammit, this sucks big time and pisses me off. Now that I understand your frustrations,
You AIN'T "a dick" Darrell by any stretch of the imagination!
And I will admit this whole episode has me a tad off the rails, and more antagonistic than I should be.
Thanks for your kind words. They are certainly Appreciated! :thumbup:

Now the gov have the unmitigated gall to DEMAND that I call them asap (via My Service Canada account).

Of course the provided number is the same one I have been trying for weeks. :roll:

Un-Effing-Real! :evil:
Nog
Matt, this is the number my wife called 4 days ago. She recieved her supplemental today. I hope it helps. 1 800 959 2041. You should be eligible. ALL Canadians who cant work are eligible irregardless of your profession or medical situation. You don't need a doctor's note. It's there for anyone who applies for it. No strings attatched. All you need are your s.i.n and date of birth. It's all automated. If your applying for your disability pension, get an advocate to help you apply and fill out the paper work. It goes through much faster because they know all the hoops to jump through. Shouldn't cost you anything. It's what they're there for. I know because I've been there, done that.
Thanks for the kind words. I don't really deserve them, but thanks just the same. Please continue with the updates. Nobody here is going to leave you stuck up sh*t creek without a paddle, Including me. Stay safe, Darrell
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

hankenhunter wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:15 pm
Matt, this is the number my wife called 4 days ago. She recieved her supplemental today. I hope it helps. 1 800 959 2041. You should be eligible. ALL Canadians who cant work are eligible irregardless of your profession or medical situation. You don't need a doctor's note. It's there for anyone who applies for it. No strings attatched.
Unfortunately there are strings attached. I investigated this at length, and was DENIED access. No point in beating my head against that wall yet again. Simply I (and 700,000 other Canadians) do not "fit" their mold.

280 call attempts again today. On Hold the earliest yet - 10:30am. To me that simply means I get to listen to their elevator music and propaganda BS for an extra few hours until they leave me dangling and go home again for the day...

Beyond Frustrated! :thumbdown:
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

After a total of 42 hours "On Hold" over the past two weeks, I finally got a Two-Legs to speak to just shortly ago.

I did not rant at him, in fact expressed my gratitude that he and his colleagues on the front line are doing what they can in the face of these unfortunate times. He must have been barked at a LOT of late from the genuine thanks he proffered to that statement.

Long and short - nothing he / they can do from their end at the moment.

The ONLY folks that can deal with Fishing Claims and any transfers related to them are in their Processing Department.

From what he could determine I am more than qualified, and should be getting the "lost" weeks back down the road as well as going on Medical.

Let's hope so...

He flagged my case for their Processing Department and informed me they will actually call me (wonder about that...) within 5 to 7 business days.

So, some of the tension wanders a little...

Now HOPING they stick to their word and do what is right by my case.

Going to be right thin for a spell, but maybe, just maybe we're back on track...

Cheers,
Nog