Jam Jars

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: Jam Jars

Post by IronNoggin »

Fellow from EI called yesterday to verify me (10 minutes) then to carefully explain how short-staffed & overwhelmed they are (another 5 minutes) then on to explain why neither he nor his actual office could offer me any help (another 5 minutes & change). Went on to explain that although I have been "flagged" my case has yet to be "assigned", but they were hopeful it would be on or before the 20th of this month, and if I didn't get another call by the 20th to start my attempts to contact them once again (around 7 or 8 minutes).

I explained that in the near half hour he had been chatting with me to no avail, anyone with access to their data base could have solved my issue - and likely in less time than what he had just spent on the phone. Explained the high cost of meds ($ 400 / month) and an impending mortgage payment in the face of them cutting me off. He then carefully explained how I wasn't actually cut off, just suspended and that my case needs a decision from their end, and that was taking time due to the pressure on them at this time...

Thanked him for a wonderful waste of time. Did manage to express thanks of some sort he was actually out there on the front lines trying to do something, and hung up.

Then back to navel gazing for much of the day's balance...

Worried? Yep.
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Sawbones visit yesterday - blood pressure dropped right out of the danger zone into "normal" range in 6 weeks.
Blood tests looking good.
Headaches gonzo by and large.
Progress tracking well.
CT Scan to confirm results soon.

Although punted by CERB, they sent some coin last Friday.
EI straightened out the same day.
CPP & BC Disability was denied, but we will remain afloat for the short term.

Chiefly Good News All Round! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

That’s great news Matt, health first :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Normous

Post by Normous »

Wishing you and the Misses continued health and each other.
Karma!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm sorry I missed this for quite a while. Never read a line because I have no interest in Jam Jars "currently" Glad you're doing a bit better Matt, and the $$ part sounds like it will get worked out too. Health is number one. I bet the first time denial rate is 75% or higher. The USA is like 85%.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!